Common thread, of marriage failure.

by free2beme 6 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Ever see this pattern...

Young brother hits 18-20 and his hormons are on overdrive. He can not find someone in the congregation, so he sneaks out and finds a 'wordly girl' who thinks sex before marriage is ok and normal. So he feels this is a way to deal with the hormones and basically, goes sex wild on her and hopes no one finds out. However, something happens, he feels guilty and also thinks that this sex belongs in marriage. He ask this girl to marry him in a short time, and since he is probably one of the most polite men she ever met and good, she says 'yes.' This engagement is used with the elders in confession to make things right and hopefully avoid a disfellowship event. Even promising, that the girl has promised to 'study' and perhaps become a 'witness.' The elders pass over on disfellowshipping and instead do a reproof. The young man marries the girl and soon realizes she has no desire to be a Witness, and was just doing what she thought he wanted. Soon, he can see he can not control this situation the way he wants and wants it to end ... guess what, too late she is pregnant. In the divorce that soon follows the birth, she uses the religion against him in custody and the story goes on.

I saw this repeated many many times ....

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Yes, I have seen it many times before. Last time the young man had 3 little ones with his newly converted wife. Then she wised up moved back home with the children, what a mess! NMKA

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Funny you should post that...

i had a talk with my 16 yr old lad about that very scenario last week!

oz

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Meanwhile...

The good little JW girl who saves herself for marriage, can't find any nice young brothers because they're all out chasing worldly skirt!

No wonder there's a man shortage in the WTS!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I've seen it in reverse for girls who wanted to marry someone in the truth, my own sister did this, married a guy who just went

to the KH probably to meet a girls they got married had 2 kids, he couldn't stand going to meetings anymore, so he left.

They eventually got divorced, she's still waiting for a nice JW man to sweep her off her feet, ten years later.

• Libelle
    Libelle

In the divorce that soon follows the birth, she uses the religion against him in custody and the story goes on.

Hmm, does this happen often?

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I saw it happen. An elder's daughter started doing kissy face with a worldly boy in highschool. It was the scandal of the year and her father had to step down from his high horse of eldership. The boy eventually got squeezed into marriage and baptism. Years and two kids later he couldn't take it anymore and he left. They were never that "spiritual" of a couple in the first place...

V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit