Jwsupport forum under going a change.....

by Hope4Others 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

We have been crippling along on 3 servers the past several months. We have needed a forum soft ware update

for sometime. We will be working on these issues over the next few days. The site will know doubt look different when its visited.

It seems that if you are not logged in you can still view the forum. Being logged in is a different story.

Take care and see you when we are back up and functional again, hopefully this will only be a few days.

I'm having withdrawl symptoms already...lol

hope4others

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Hope, for the update.

I got worried when, a couple days ago, I got a message that the site had crashed [it said crashed]. Now it looks normal, but I can't actually get to any topics.

I'll be patient. Thanks for what you do to keep it the great place it is!

Petit Prince

• Incognito
    Incognito

Hope,

Why don't you try moving the site over to Squarespace http://www.squarespace.com/?source=google&campaign=brand-can&gclid=CLXvpMmo2qQCFUtJ2godKE5YZg ? They offer a free 14 day trial period for you to evaluate their performance.

Although Squarespace is often thought to be a blogging site only, they are capable and open to hosting any type of website. They do have many templates available for those less technically proficient or an existing site may be transfered over as is.

Squarespace I understand, is very scalable on-the-fly so that it's virtually impossible to overload their servers from too much traffic.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

It would be nice if this site has some new features.

Just my two cents.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you for the update.

Someone had emailed me, asking me what was going on, there. I've responded to them, with your message.

• runningonfaith
    runningonfaith

k thanks, i was wondering

• yknot
    yknot

That explains sooooo much....

I tried to post last night and I got error messages left and right!

Thanks for the update Hope!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

thanks for the info - I haven't been able to get on the forum for a couple of days and started to worry.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What I don't like is that, unlike a normal problem locating the server, I get a file download. It tries to download a blank file, and then does nothing. This only happens on Firefxxxs (which is also prone to locking up, excessive load times, and shutting down without warning).

• funnyface
    funnyface

OH NO!!!!! It is all I can do to get in this one
    Guess I will be losing you all......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit