NIV, RSV & ASV part of the Anti-Christ

by Joey Jo-Jo 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Seen this on youtube, according to the original Greek translation (not the kingdom interlinear) these words from the KJV are missing.???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwVjZRqARfk

• Chalam
    Chalam

I think the WT qualify better as anti Christs.

2 Peter 2:1 (New International Version)

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. The WT change Lord to "jehovah" here and numerous other times in their NWT.

Romans 10:8-13 (New International Version)

8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Blessings,

Stephen

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Did you watch the vid Chalam? 6 parts and those texts mentioned are not in either the ones quoted and the NWT, which I think NWT NIV RSV ASV all come from the Westcott and Hort text.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I watched the first part. Some points I agree with, others are less conclusive IMHO.

I have heard some of these criticisms of more modern translations, usually from KJV readers. I think the accusations can be a little extreme. Sure, for example the NIV might be a little loose in the translation department at times but I think to call it a Satanic bible is over the top.

Now, I don't think any of the bibles mentioned are intrinsically anti Christ. However, I would strongly conclude the NWT is totally anti Christ, as are the WT.

The KJV is a great translation but something newer is needed. "Thee", "thou" and "doest" for example are archaic. If you want a bible which is tight in the translation department but still fairly easy to read then try the ESV. Anything though is better than the NWT!

Blessings,

Stephen

• cattails
    cattails

Yeah, what the guy in the video doesn't say is that the KJV's English text based on [Textus Receptus / Stephanus / Byzantine Majority / Orthodox Church] codices are more recent than the Wescott & Hort sources [Alexandrian (Nestle, et al. texts based on Vaticanus and Sinaiticus)] which by the way in the last century older texts have been found which support the Wescott & Hort recensions.

So the real problem isn't who dared take verses out and make changes to the KJV, but who dared insert verses and change meanings in the original Greek texts? That should be the question. What were they trying to prove with all those inserted verses, like at 1 John 5:7? Well, it's pretty obvious that they wanted to proofs for the doctrine of the trinity.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Good point, I knew there where different bibles but not different texts! But during the 6 parts he tries to imply that Wescott & Hort does not make sense and almost in the end of part 6 he says not to trust these new bibles derived from Wescott & Hort. Funny how you pick things you never could if you were a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit