Anything new re: copyright?

by teel 0 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• teel
    teel

I am mostly interrested about countries where the copyright was not really enforced for JWs so far - I mean here in Romania as long as I was a JW we didn't really got any 'advice' about copying software and such, so everyone was pirating. However in the last few months I have met several JWs (technically I am still a JW, so they talk to me) who were looking to buy software. Since I work in a related field, they kept asking my advice. My ex-wife also wants everything to be legal, if she asks for advice and I recommend a software she has to make sure, that it's freeware - which is something new, she didn't care before.

It's a massive move among the local JWs to legalizing their stuff, so I am sure there's something new in this area, they wouldn't just do this by themselves. In fact just 2 years ago when I mentioned casually to a JW that I bought Windows, he looked at me with amazement, saying he never saw anyone who actually bought a software (as a note, for most people here one copy of retail Windows costs about one month's salary, so I don't blame them).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit