Menlo Park Cong.

by exwhyzee 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I recently got in touch with an old JW friend of mine (now of the annointed) who lives near Menlo Park CA. I asked him about that congreagation there that got closed down or had some sort of uprising. He didn't know anything about it and even sounded like he didn't believe it ever happened. Does anyone know of a link to a news article or broadcast that I can send him about that ?

Thanks !

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Right in our back yard Nor Cal gang, what say you?

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

exwhyzee

This thread link may have some of the info you looking for:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/199355/1/Menlo-Park-CA-USA-Kingdom-Hall

Hope that helps,

StoneWall

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Thanks StoneWall, I saw that thread but there wasn't any follow up as to what happened. Maybe it's too soon.

• VanillaMocha73
  • Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

There is breaking news on the Menlo Park story.

For those who haven't kept up with it, go to Ex-JW.com and read the articles "Fear and Loathing..." and "Updates."

I'm not at liberty to release any new specific information just yet, but I can assure you that the best is yet to come. Let me give you some hints:

Police

Newspaper Reporters

Justice Department

Forgery

Money laundering

That is all. Please keep your eyes and ears open for the latest developments. As usual, I will let everyone here know when something new gets posted over at Ex-JW.com on this subject.

JV

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Menlo Park is a place in NJ, too. I always found the name curious. So far I've only had time to read a portion. If I have not posted this comment before, I was very impressed with the hard labor on a primarily local topic but one that sheds much light on the Witnesses internationally. The formatting on the web site is also impressive.

I was in utter shock as a teen ager when my parents told me that JW congregations in the South were segregated. When the DO visited us, I asked very politely, stating that it did not seem to be what Jesus preached. He replied that it was concern for local customs, not to be a stumbling block. Well, the flag salute and blood transfusion are stumbling blocks. No one cared about what I went through as a little kid not saluting the flag, etc.

Northern Jersey was very segregated. Looking back, there was overt gerrymandering of KHs. I disliked being working class and visiting a poverty ridden KH with all sorts of social ills. My aunt and uncle would take me to their suburban hell. I actually volunteered to go to a meeting with them. It was night and day. Without gerrymandering, the suburban KH would have had more livelihood with younger people. The positive could have been combined for a gestalt experience and the problems of poverty could have been lessened. Looking back it is striking as only very few people ever discussed this system. Of course, Jesus taught the social gospel, in part. If Witnesses just helped other Witnesses, the way churches sometimes do, it would have been a starting point. If we are Christ's body, one person's pain should be shared by others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit