A Thank You

by Libelle 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Libelle
    Libelle

Hey all, I haven't been posting a whole lot, but I've been reading. I wanted to send a thank you to the majority of posters on here. Before I started digging deeper into this - I hated JWs, hated any and every one I came into contact with and that did indeed spill over onto my husband.

The more I read about JW people (not the org) on this site, the more I've seen the mentality that the people in the org are cared about. That they're worth caring about, that it's not them that are the scum, but the higher ups in the org who lie and do all kinds of manipulation to get their cult running.

Now, admittedly, I'm not saying I'm going to befriend the people at The Mr's KH, BUT, it's helped me develop alot more empathy for those people. And I'm starting to look at The Mr. in a completely different light.

So thanks everyone. Thanks for your even-keeled and loving approach to the average JW member.

-Libelle

• snowbird
    snowbird

Abstract Dragonfly Clip Art

Syl

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Thank you for understanding. It's really the case for so much of what's going on in the world..

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Thankyou for looking into this with an open mind and an open heart. Your kind words will be remembered ny me always...

V665

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for your appreciation. It is good to hear from ones such as you.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Libelle you have come to grips with something that is continually difficult to reconcile: JWs as both perpretrators and victims. Yes they shun; yes they gossip and slander; yes they cover up the pedophiles in their midst; yes they are narrow-minded and shallow; yes they carry suicide cards in their wallets; yes they seem gullible BUT ALL OF THAT is a result of their being victims of a mind control cult, being captives to a concept, being slaves to the new personality that is built by the Watchtower.

It's hard to not swing on the pendulum from pity to anger and resentment; it's hard to find a balance and remain there.

Good luck to you as an "unbelieving mate."

• Libelle
    Libelle

Syl, thanks for the dragonfly picture - those are pretty.

Mark, you're welcome, and your right about that. Putting yourself into another's shoes, easy in theory, difficult in practice, and so needed in the world.

V665, thank you. :)

Straightshooter, you're welcome

MadSweeney, you know, there are alot of situations, if you look at them closely enough where a person or group of people are both a perpetrator and a victim of those actions. Oh, I sure swing enough between anger and resentment, but presently am feeling more balanced about it. Thanks for the well wishes. It sure is a challenge.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Even with some posters here damning JWs at any opportunity; someone who is truly searching for what the evolved message is on this forum will see what you have seen.

I applaud you!

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit