Dumbing down of the Witness Children

by wannabefree 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Perhaps dumbing down is the wrong term, but here is my personal observation, I wonder if others have experienced this.

You know how in the ministry you might meet someone and have to educate them about their own religion before you can teach them that it is wrong?

I have noticed this with my kids. I like to think of myself as a reasonable person, moderate, I have tried over the years to acquire balance about "worldly" people, teaching my kids not to be so judgmental, leaving the ultimate judging regarding a person's faith in Jesus and Jehovah's hands. My wife has also tempered this way over the years.

The problem is that now I have to teach them how judgmental and strict the religion really is in order for them to realize it is wrong. They don't care about dates, failed expectations, changing generations, they don't believe only Jehovah's Witnesses will be spared at Armageddon. They are apostates and don't even know it!

In a discussion I was having with my daughters the other day, I discovered that they don't think Jehovah will save only Witnesses at Armageddon, they think we go out in service looking for people who don't believe in God to help them, not to convert people who aren't Witnesses. They think it is wrong to shun a family member just because they don't want to be a Witness any more ... my sixteen year old doesn't believe me and said she was going to ask the CoBE.

I am wondering if this was ultimately a bad thing to do? I feel like I should get strict and demanding like the religion really is so they see it for what it is. When I tell them what the JW understanding really is on some matters, they say, "I don't believe that", I have to educate them that as a Witness they don't have the luxury of disagreeing.

Is this the evolution of JW's? Will the Kingdom Halls one day be filled with just a bunch of church attendees picking and choosing what they want to believe?

• carla
    carla

I feel like I should get strict and demanding like the religion really is so they see it for what it is.-- I've always wondered about that too. I wonder if I held my jw's feet to the fire about all the written, unwritten and ambiguous rules of the wt if he would really see it for what it is.

• Billen76
    Billen76

You are most certainly not the only one, wannabefree. Many many jw's belive they can subtly influence the developement of their family and congregation. Some becomes elders, thinking they can influence the spirit of the congregation. The problem is, that it is all a lie, but a lie, that may keep the members tied to the Organisation because "they're not that bad". And so, with time, they may start to listen to the public speaks, the CO's call for them to be pioneers that "helps" people, actually read the articles becoming true jw's in time.

I think that I had some older friends who tried to influence me this way. The result was I became a pioneer, dedicating my life to serve the Organisation's needs. Now, I do not look that kindly on them, though I believe they meant well.

I know the implication and complications. It is not so easy and not always very simple, but I believe that good ole x-jv Michael Jackson actually had a good point:

They're Out To Get You, Better Leave While You Can
    Don't Wanna Be A Boy, You Wanna Be A Man
    You Wanna Stay Alive, Better Do What You Can
    So Beat It, Just Beat It

You Have To Show Them That You're Really Not Scared
    You're Playin' With Your Life, This Ain't No Truth Or Dare
    They'll Kick You, Then They Beat You,
    Then They'll Tell You It's Fair
    So Beat It, But You Wanna Be Bad

Just Beat It, Beat It, Beat It, Beat It
    No One Wants To Be Defeated
    Showin' How Funky Strong Is Your Fight
    It Doesn't Matter Who's Wrong Or Right
    Just Beat It, Beat It
    Just Beat It, Beat It
    Just Beat It, Beat It
    Just Beat It, Beat It

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    Is this the evolution of JW's? Will the Kingdom Halls one day be filled with just a bunch of church attendees picking and choosing what they want to believe?

I believe so, they are not understanding what is being said from the stage. They are so bored at the meetings, they simply switch off. (who can blame them)

There's a 20 year old (born in) I know that believes that JWs are THE only christian religion on earth. ALL other religions are non-christian.

Once it was explained to him that other religions are christian based, he was amazed, he then said: 'But JWs are the 1st christian religion as it was started in the 1800s'

Whaaaaaaat?!?!?

The question: 'What were the first century christians?' was put to him, in which he replied: 'O wow I didn't know that they were christians'

Sums up what type of members this religion is producing . . .

3Mozzies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit