Dubs Good For Economy !!!!!!!

by ladonna 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ladonna
    ladonna

http://detnews.com/2001/oakland/0106/08/d04-233294.htm

At least the dubs are good for something....!

Ana

Manners require time, and nothing is more vulgar than haste.
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

• avengers
    avengers
    "We will learn how to apply Bible principles in our family and personal life through a series of talks and demonstrations. Each talk will emphasize how God wants mankind to live."

Talk about a bunch of liars.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I wonder if they are requesting the community and local businesses to foot part of their expenses as they were doing in the Washington Tri-Cities area? Makes me wonder why all the pressure for donations when the locals were paying almost half of the convention expenses!

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• ladonna
    ladonna

Dakota,

You must have read my mind! The dubs appear very good at getting things for nothing, or getting others to foot the bill!!!

Avengers..

I know......rather sickening....hypocrites!!

Ana

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    10-year-old Tonica Brewer of Oak Park, it means much, much more. "I'm going to learn how to be a good teacher," said Tonica, clutching a book bag containing her Bible and notebooks. "I need my supplies to take notes at the convention."

Was this supposed to be a typical Dub kid? One of the 'try hards', eh?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Actually, dubs are good for the economy. Consider:

1. Since they believe there is no future, their savings are low. This keeps currency in circulation.

2. They burn tremendous amounts of fuel, which provides profits for oil companies.

3. They utilize nearly obsolete, but still functional assets (such as 1940's clothing, and old mini vans), that would otherwise be wasted.

4. They spend their vacations in otherwise vacant hockey arenas, providing civic revenues and keeping hospitality industry dollars in their own communities.

5. They provide a low-cost, reliable, form of labor. After all, someone has to clean the toilets. Just think about it - if you were a janitorial contractor, where else could you get a floor scrubber who was capable of addressing 10,000 people?

So, maybe they do provide some usefulness to society.

• moman
    moman

Don't forget the business they give to the drug companies, like the makers of Prozac!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    2. They burn tremendous amounts of fuel, which provides profits for oil companies.

3. They utilize nearly obsolete, but still functional assets (such as 1940's clothing, and old mini vans), that would otherwise be wasted.

By driving old vans and all the stop and go they do, they also contribute more air pollution, not to mention mind pollution.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Make no doubt about the Borganization is a huge business industry. I wouldn't be surprised someday if they ask for a government bailout if times get tough! How would they justify it?

1. The paper industry would go bankrupt if we didn't buy their scraps to print our magazines on.
    2. Power plants will have to be shut down if we turn off the presses and stop having our meetings at Kindgom halls.
    3. There will be thousands of gas stations across the country that will have to raise their prices if we stop going out in service.
    4. McDonald's and all the donut shops will have to file for bankrupcy if dubs stop going out in service.
    5. The mental health system would have to lay off thousands of workers as our followers would no longer be mentally ill.
    6. There will be millions of people trying to get into the job market if JW's go back to work, you don't want all that unemployment do you?
    7. There will also be a huge number of people that suddenly want to educate themselves and go to college...who are we going to get to clean our toilets then?
    8. All these Jehovah's Witnesses will want to go online and it will cause huge slowdown's on the Internet.
    9. There will be millions of people needing therapy and asking for government money to help them get it...you don't want to pay that do you?
    10. All these millions of Jehovah's Witnesses will be thinking only about one thing: SEX and you will have a huge population boom on your hands.

Damn, what politician wouldn't bail them out?

Skipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit