Generation teaching

by Little Imp 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I have just look up the word "generation"

The older definition of a "generation" (the average interval between the birth of an individual and the birth of its offspring) was 20 or 25 years.

However, genealogical studies have revealed that the common definition of a generation, 20 or 25 year average, is too simplistic and can account for large inaccuracies during statistical calculation.

According to Ancestry.com, a calculation based upon "three generations per century (33 years each) for malelines and 3.5 generations per century (29 years each) for female lines" leads to

much more accurate estimates

Does this mean the word "generation" takes on a different meaning in JW talk?

LI

• wobble
    wobble

Oh yea ! Like a lot of words and things in WT world (La La Land) they are not the same as in the real world.

Just take the word "Truth" for instance.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Yes, since reading the posts on this site beginning to see that there are many. It's like a complete new language.

I remember when my husband and I used to sometimes attend meetings in other KHs the first question they ask is "how long have you been in the Truth?". Used to make me laugh when my husband used to reply "all my life" they couldn't trump that one.

LI

• caliber
    caliber

Why not refer to this chart ?? http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/194575/1/How-many-times-has-the-WTS-changed-the-Generation-thing

This will shock most JW ... the every oldest one might be aware of only three or four "new understandings " of the term generation

One single page can give you dates and changes made over 120 years..documented WT reference as well !!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

PossibleSan's chart on that other thread is superb...If I had not already kicked over the traces, this point would certainly have got my goat..It is indeed an insult to the intelligence.

Guess what? The dubs I know do not believe it either ! They are more polite than us but say "Weee...ll we just have to wait and see, I have my own thoughts on that scripture !"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit