The Blood Issue broke my Dad's heart....

by braveheart 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• braveheart
    braveheart

The "JW charged...thread" reminded me of a story in our family...the WT blood rule slammed our family.

I was at college...my mom became very interested in JW...and started taking the kids to Kingdom Hall.

Dad was very hard working, thought mom was taking kids to a new church....sounds like a good thing.

Then lots of strange things started happening...no more birthday parties...christmas ...easter ...july 4th....no Flag, Pledge, military, voting...etc,etc.

My Dad was an American patriot...navy pilot...business man...all around John Wayne good guy. Loved my mother Deeply.

There was one big problem...we were raised Lukewarm Lutherans , and didn't know the Bible.

Thus...the JW doctrine was able to creep in our family.

When my Dad learned the "WT teaching on Blood"....he contacted his attorney on the matter.

I was home from school...and in a private time with my Dad...he told me what he had to do with his attorney

to protect the Kids in the event they got into an accident and needed a blood transfusion...

Then he said..."I had to do this...because Your Mother would let them Die..." He then broke down in tears.

My Dad is a great man...he did not let the WT break up our family...he kept the peace and said everyone has the right to worship where they want.

I give him great credit for holding the family together...but not knowing the Word..cost our family deeply.

I will fight this Cult to the day I die...-BH

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Your dad believed in freedom of religion, because he fought for it...unlike the majority of those bastards in Brooklyn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit