What is wrong with these people?

by misguided 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• misguided
    misguided

I'm at work...doing my job....letting, what happens to be a JW patient know what their blood-thinner medication orders are.

Simple, yes...uncomplicated NO!!

I give them the instructions the Dr. gave me...and then...they say to me..."oh, I met your parents...they're so nice. They came over to our house with another couple."

Excuse me... my parents live over 300 km away from me, never met these other JWs I've known for the last 10 years through work! and my own parents, in my town for a week never bothered to contact me or my kids!!!

Geeze, they can exclude me for my df'ing, but why should I learn from someone at work, that my parents were in town and didn't even think about letting me or my children, or my husband (not a JW) know that they were here. How offending is that???

On a good note, though. The JW patients had nothing but good things to say about me to my parents....HUH!!!

• Hadit
    Hadit

Sorry Misguided. That is awful and very unloving. One day they will regret what they are doing. They are giving up relationships with you and your family for some man made rules. It's all bound to catch up.

Sending you hugs.

Hadit

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Wow

That sux

• yknot
    yknot

I am sorry.....

They will regret it in time....

Maybe call them and try to reach them emotionally...

If they bring up you coming back ask them if doing so ment you lying to the Elders would they still want you to get reinstated?

Maybe use the whole JW mindset against them by reminding them you won't be in the New System and this is really yalls only chance to enjoy each other.....

Hugs....let the hurt roll of you like rain

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

That's awful, misguided.

Some of them just don't know when to keep their mouths shut. It's hilarious that when some of them DO talk to you, they will talk AT you instead of talking WITH you. It's dreadful that they talk like you've never left, almost as if they are purposely rubbing salt in the wound, or maybe they actually ARE.

Take care...

V665

PS: I sent you PM a while ago. Can you get back to me on that? Thanks...

• nugget
    nugget

The purpose of df'ing is to make you feel bad and excluded. It is to bully you by making you feel uncomfortable and distressed so you return to the love of the organisation.

I'd say that this incident fit the criteria perfectly. Your parent probably feel proud of themselves right now for resisting temptation to contact you when they were in town. They are not bad people just very misled and misguided.

Sane people can see how wrong this is but on the inside and still controlled the perspective will be very different.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Sorry, hugs to you. They are the ones that should feel bad!

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena
    Geeze, they can exclude me for my df'ing, but why should I learn from someone at work, that my parents were in town and didn't even think about letting me or my children, or my husband (not a JW) know that they were here. How offending is that???

I'm sorry to hear this, misguided. I had a similar experience where my Dad & stepmom came all the way from another state to attend a CO in the city where I live. The assembly hall was five minutes from my house. I found out later and was devastated that he couldn't even take the time to call me, let alone see me.

It's rubbish is what it is. And completely offensive! One can only hope later they really see what they are doing. *hugs*

The purpose of df'ing is to make you feel bad and excluded. It is to bully you by making you feel uncomfortable and distressed so you return to the love of the organisation.

nugget - I guess I could never understand this particular cult tactic - it's a complete & utter disconnect. Imaginary DF thought: "Hey, I totally dig how badly you guys are treating me! I feel like crap! Tell you what, I think I'll come back just so you love me again...." Bleaych

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit