unbelieving mates

by Dubby 4 Replies latest social relationships

• Dubby
    Dubby

Just wondering if any here has an unbelieving mate that shows more love than any "brothers" or "sisters" in the truth. Actually, I'm not so sure about "truth" anymore.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Showing love has nothing to do with being a 'brother' or a 'sister'.

• Dubby
    Dubby

I have to agree.

"Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike!"

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Hold on there, Dubby. While I go along with the consensus on love, I do have to take issue with the dirt bike thing. "Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike"? No, no, no.....enjoy God's creation, ride a horse! :)

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I am not married.

But...

I met my wonderful boyfriend (my FIRST and only boyfriend, btw) a year ago. He was never a JW and knows little about what they believe. He knows that I was a JW, and I had decided to not be one awhile before we met, although I still pretend to be one for certain reasons, and he knows that as well. He is kinder to me than anyone I have ever known who was "in The Truth". He is more compassionate and a better listener with me, and much more accommadating to my needs than any of them ever were. I am grateful. Possibly more than he'll ever know. The JWs I knew who were single men were cocky, rude kiss-ups to the older ones in high positions. My boyfriend isn't like that...at all. And he certainly doesn't love me "less than Jehovah"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit