Did the Watchtower ever committed the unforgivable sin?

by asilentone 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asilentone
    asilentone

If your answer is yes, how so?

• sabastious
    sabastious

They spoke in the name of God and his Spirit, and were wrong.

Yes.

But I don't believe in Sin so saying you committed an unforgivable sin is like saying Santa Clause isn't going to bring presents through your chimney anymore.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

If someone printed to the world and misrepresented me, I would deem them not in my best interests. And if they continued to do it I would consider them my enemy.

Therefore the WT could be considered an enemy of God and his Spirit.

Then again, I don't believe in the Holy Spirit so it's a little moot from my end.

-Sab

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Did they apologize for falsely claiming "Millions now living will never die?" Or did they sweep it under the rug and repeat the sin?

Did the WT show any repentance for stumbling their flock with false teachings and hype regarding 1975? Did they actually appologize for any stumbling they might have done via what they printed about 1975 in the 1980's yearbook.. or did they blame the victims?

Hmmmm...

- Lime

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Did the WT show any repentance for stumbling their flock with false teachings and hype regarding 1975?

Why would they need to show repentance? "It wasn't them that said it, it was just a few rogue Witnesses going ahead of Jehovah."

-Sab

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Why would they need to show repentance? "It wasn't them that said it, it was just a few rogue Witnesses going ahead of Jehovah."

Lol, yes, like publicly reproved rogue Fred Franz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EvehJGCuMo

hehe

- Lime

• funnyface
    funnyface

In my humble opinion YES!!!! because they spoke against the HOLY SPIRIT!!! the teacher ,That is part of GOD.
    .Father Son & Holy Spirit. They were in the beginning ALL working on Creation

No rocks please

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Even though, as I mentioned on the other thread, I don't really know what the unforgivable sin is, I think that yes they committed it. At least their sins are unforgivable. They have knowingly taught falsehoods that have resulted in death and misery. Then of course there are the lives that were affected by the policies/doctrines regarding conscientious objectors, political involvement, pedophilia, etc. The fact that they did all this in god's name, claiming to be directed by the holy spirit should make them guilty of committing the unforgivable sin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit