Who has bought a lot less frumpy dress clothes?

by mamalove 6 Replies latest jw friends

• mamalove
    mamalove

I am amazed at all of the dresses and skirts that I will never wear again. I was joking the other day I need to have a garage sale and advertise to JW's. Tons of long skirts, and lots of dresses. Of course I dress up for work, and wear dressy pants and skirts and dresses, but I never wear the long skirts I was so fond of wearing in service. Puke. I cannot believe how frumpy some of it looks hanging there now!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Not so much frumpy but in bad condition. I threw away about 80% of my suits, mostly because they were in horrible conditions. Like big holes in the pockets. Like multiple unsuccessful attempts to repair seams, including in the crotch. Also, some of them just plain looked terrible--including colors I would now be embarrassed to be seen in.

Rather, I went out and bought some real nice clothes (worldly clothes) from L.L.Bean. Last year I spent around $600 on fall clothing, and that included nice casual jeans and shirts. This spring I spent something like $300 on nice quality shorts and summer shirts. Not full dress clothes, but they are a lot nicer than the crappy ones I had while a witless.

• nelly136
    nelly136

i have a huge collection of jeans, comfy practical and go great with trainers..... or high heels if i fancy feeling tall for the day.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

To be honest, some of my clothes were borderline immodest even when I was in. When I'm shopping for dresses I have to keep telling myself that the dress does not have to be at least knee length. I try to buy alot more "date" dresses now.

Thanks to my JW background, I have enough job interview/funeral/church dresses and suits to last a lifetime.

• sherah
    sherah

I didn't frump as dub but my style has changed now that I'm fading. I'm not as concerned about low necklines, hemlines and clingyness when shopping for clothes.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Push-up bra's and low necklines yeah baby

I have only got a couple of years left were I can get away dressing like that ,so I am over-indulging .Not to mention over-bulging

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I have upgraded my wardrobe. Like you ladies, I no longer worry about skirt length's or splits. This is a funny topic because I just went through my closet last week and donated a ton of stuff to the Goodwill. It felt wonderful to get rid of those KH clothes. Good riddance!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit