Active posters: What education have you had, what degrees do you possess?

by EndofMysteries 76 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Also, just to be clear, I finished my degree and received my CPA when I was very near the age of 50. You are never to old to get a good education.
  • out4good4
    out4good4

AAS Electronics

AA General Studies

BAAS Applied Administration (the equivalent of a general business degree)

MS Technology Management

I'd have to say that the most challenging and rewarding work I've done was the work to get my Masters Degree. Didn't really need it for the job I hold, but, I wanted it in my pocket just in case.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I have a degree but I can't say what it is I've already given out too much info on this site,
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Degree's are good for finding employment but like Forrest Gump said "Stupid is what stupid does" even amoungst degree holders.
  • Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    98 and change with an 'F" when I'm normal, which increases, when reading JW lies and pedophilia on the internet ,to about 103! Different degrees of separation when in copulation.
  • floriferous
    floriferous
    1969: I graduated in Watchtower & Awake lies about 1975..........I was told it was the 'best education in the world'.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I left school at 14 years of age , with no certificates , got a job in the leathergoods industry did a 5 year aprentership ,after 12 years wanted a change ,got a job in the photo -chemical industry ,which led me into a laboratory in the oil industry ,where I spent 45 years of my working life ,the best move I ever made , and with no certificates to show what I had achieved .In those days you could do it on your personal ability , nowadays you have to have a piece of paper .

I loved the posts of :

D.O.C.

Doug .Mason.

floriferous

and

Bungi Bill

smiddy

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I'm a student of the School of Hard Knocks, but I firmly believe it's never too late.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Oubliette
    cantleave:
    A degree can help open the door, but success once you have stepped through that door depends on many other factors.

I have found that persistence and hard work don't stand a chance up against politics and inter-personal relationships in the workplace.

Want to be successful and get ahead? Learn to be political in your job - your work usually comes second to that.

An education does not equal a job - there is a reason that an MFA is called a Master of Fuck All.

• hoser
    hoser

I have found that persistence and hard work don't stand a chance up against politics and inter-personal relationships in the workplace.

You got that one right. That's where I fell short in the workplace. I worked too hard. It shows up those that don't. They are usually well connected. Thats why I gave up on the bullshit of the workplace and opted to go out on my own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit