Interesting TV/VIDEO program re: Catholic pedophile issue - 'BETRAYAL'

by Meeting Junkie No More 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Meeting Junkie No More
  • yesidid
    yesidid

I noticed in the comments that even Catholics are getting fed up with talk and want action.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

This is a really hard-hitting documentary that I hope anyone concerned with the issue of child abuse/rape within the Church takes the time to view. There has now been a lawsuit commenced that reaches straight to Rome, naming the pont*ff PERSONALLY.

The point is made at the end of the documentary that a number of church properties In Nova Scotia are currently for sale, with more sales planned. Ringing any bells?

The outcome of the lawsuit referred to in the documentary, currently before the U.S. Sup. Crt, could very well set a landmark precedent. There will eventually be a follow-up to this documentary with more details, as they unfold.

What I really found hopeful was the comment made to the effect that more and more people are making a MENTAL SPLIT between their faith and their Church - the very same phenomenon that is increasingly afflicting the JWs. One of the abused victims in the documentary, even after all he's been through, still WANTS to be Catholic, but increasingly, people in the pews, and lawyers too are going to be asking for and I think getting, more ACCOUNTABILITY from their Church.

bttt

• yesidid
    yesidid
    The point is made at the end of the documentary that a number of church properties In Nova Scotia are currently for sale, with more sales planned. Ringing any bells?

It's only when money is involved that cults ,large and small, take notice.

Then they decide it is the right and Christian thing to protect children at the expense of their "image".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit