Legacys, wills and bequeathments to WT$

by oldlightnewshite 3 Replies latest jw friends

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Any body ever heard of the WT$ backing down on a contested will or bequeathment? Seen a similar thread, but thought a more direct headline would get more responses.

Cheers x

• roguepixel
    roguepixel

You are

• LV101
    LV101

FROM WHAT I'VE heard, i seriously doubt their legal boys would back down and are well-trained and specialized in this area. they smell death and are on a fllight to the scene to collect. they recruit some of their legal team before they graduate from law school and pick up their remaining tab!!! this is education the borg appreciates investing in. i know this is hard to believe but was told (thru another professional/medical) they convinced a lawyer already in practice to walk away and come to bethel and all his mortgage, debts, etc., would be taken care of. was told how they recruit law students thru bethelites.

NV1

• Roski
    Roski

I was told recently that if a person contests a will where the society is the sole benefactor - they will allow that to stand - ie not argue with it. I don't know if this happens in reality - about to find out...somehow I doubt it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit