ITS JUST A POPSICLE!

by Evidently Apostate 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

I remember something that happened to me a few years ago that reminded me of the programmed witnessing of a jw. i was out with a friend (a jw) going for a drive and he brings us to a home to meet a guy that was an amway salesman and my friend had been encouraging me to get involved with amway. " There was no way i was going to sell toothpaste" i told him. after introductions this guy starts the pitch. "our products have higher quality ingredients, delivered to your door how conveinent" blah, blah then heoffers me a popsicle. "Isn't that the best popsicle" he brags, "its ok" i reply, "but it has real juice in it" . "so do the ones at the store" again i reply. " maybe you should try a cherry one" he says in a curt tone, " dude its a popsicle" i reply. i am sensing the hostility at this point and i tell my friend "I have to get back" at that point the man looks to my friend and tells him, " mark your friend doesnt APPRECIATE FINE THINGS , ITS GOOD YOU DO". and from then on wouldnt look my way and was content selling my friend his overpriced merchandise. now im not trying to dis amway some love the stuff, but to me its just stuff i was having fun with the sell at all cost attutude and when i wasn't buying he basically shunned me. reminded me of the pioneer spirit.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I remember JW talks at assemblies always advising us not to get involved with pyramid schemes. I guess they wanted all of our time for themselves! (JWs being the original "pyramid" scheme LOL.)

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I did once hear that amway was a cult, so maybe thats why you felt that way.

• JimmyPage
  • Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

jim, good article similar pressure tactics as the borg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit