Does anyone else have galloping horses in their computer?

by ataloa 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ataloa
    ataloa

Sometimes my computer speakers get a thumping/drumming noise that sounds like horses galloping. Very rhythmic. It lasts a few seconds. Today it has happened about six or seven times. It only does it every once in a while.

It's kind of creepy. What is going on? Ooh, it's doing it now.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Could be like the Indian in the Cupboard. Only you have tiny horses in your speakers.

Seriously, though, have you googled it?

• ataloa
    ataloa

FHN: I found one thing that someone posted about it happening to them right before their cell phone rings; but that doesn't fit my situation. I'm creeped out tonight because it has never done it this many times and at dark. There it goes...

Lduh: There are no trojans in here.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Cellphones transmit data just before they ring, but they will often transmit data even when they appear to be idle. So, just because your cellphone did not ring, don't rule it out as the source of the noise in the speakers.

To see if it is the source of the noise, put it near your computer and have someone call it. While you are using it, it should also cause the same noise if you are near enough to the speakers, or speaker wires.

pseudo

• ataloa
    ataloa

Pseudo, that's interesting. My cell phone service here is practically non-existent - it usually won't even ring when someone is calling, so I can't really check that out.

Would it help to put it off in another part of the house, way away from the computer?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Would it help to put it off in another part of the house, way away from the computer?

Yes, that would help you find out if the phone is the problem. There's some chance it could be a wireless network adaptor, but that's a small chance--they are much less powerful than a cell phone.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Probably just feedback from a microphone you have attatched. If you move your speakers further away from your PC the noise shouldn't happen.

• cab1000
  • ataloa
    ataloa

GLTirebiter, I moved my phone to another room immediately last night, and never heard another thing; so that could well be it.

Transhuman, I will keep your suggestion in mind too.

cab1000, I only see a blank post, but thanks for trying.

Thanks to everyone for their response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit