3rd time 2 elders stopped by in 6 months!!!

by NiceDream 8 Replies latest jw friends

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

These people don't give up! I'm hoping it's because we have an assembly coming up soon or something. They don't call beforehand, they just stop by whenever, ring the doorbell once and leave. I would have hated being out doing my yardwork. Now I know how people feel when JWs ambush them when they're outside working.

I need to get the guts to tell them to leave us alone...I wonder if they'd bother listening to me or insist that they needed to speak to my husband?

Thanks for letting me vent! I wish I could put a big Vast Apostate Army sticker on my mailbox.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Why don't you just answer the door and respectfully decline the meeting/assembly invite? If they ask about "doubts" just respectfully decline to comment.

-Sab

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Why do people answer the door or their phone calls?

Disappear.

Don't answer. Be a complete mystery.

You're under NO obligation to answer the door.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I'm too scared! I gotta work up the guts though. Last time I told them it wasn't a convenient time to talk and when they asked to talk to my husband I told them he was too busy as well.

They were snooping in my door which was a bit odd. I guess I have to remember that they have no power over me unless I let them.

• sabastious
    sabastious

NiceDream,

If you are corgile and respectful with the elders but say a firm "No" to what they ask of you they will eventually stop coming. Make sure you don't give them a reason to come back, while at the same time not giving them a reason to feel attacked.

Just a "Thanks guys for showing interest in me, but I am ok with my current situation."

Say something like that EVERY time they come over and they will eventually stop.

-Sab

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Thanks Sab, I'll give that a try the next time.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Nice dream ...you are a lovely lady and nobody should ever intimidate you at all...they have no right to make you feel uncomfortable...

Loz x

• flipper
    flipper

NICE DREAM- You aren't under ANY obligation to talk to them. If they call you- tell them you aren't interested or don't feel like talking. Or have your husband tell them. Either way- they don't own you or control you. Take hold of your rights to freedom. Hang in there. Good luck

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Thank you for the kind words everyone. I'm hoping we can move in a few years and totally get off the radar. But until then we'll keep on truckin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit