New Book by Stephen King

by White Dove 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• White Dove
    White Dove

Has anyone read Under the Dome?

I'm reading it now, and it is really good.

It explores the human condition and possibilities of our psyches similar to his other book, The Stand.

• tec
    tec

I read it. It took me forever. The characters kept making me angry and I just wanted to slap them, so I would have to set the book down for a while :)

Tammy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I have "The Mist" that I haen't started on yet...

I love his movies though..I might get his new book and keep it till I am in a reading mood again..

Snoozy

'Under the Dome'..sounds interesting..

Didn't I see a Simpson episode about that? lol

• tec
    tec

My favorite Stephen King books are the Stand, and the Dark Tower series. I think a movie is coming on that one eventually - because in the movie, the mist, the painting that the hero is working on that gets destroyed in the storm is a picture of the gunslinger/dark tower/ rose. I'll be so excited to see that movie happen :)

Tammy

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

read it...awesome! took forever, though.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I read The Stand unabridged version (looooooong!). Couldn't put it down. Finished it in about 3 weeks.

He always writes about the characters' odd habits and quirky thoughts. Reminded me that we all have a quirk or odd habit that no one else knows about, thoughts that we never verbalize.

I loved Pet Sematary, too. It actually freaked me out one night and I had to put it down once. "The cat (Church) oiled around the corner." FREAKY!

The movies of his that I've like so far are Secret Window/Secret Garden and Langoliers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit