C.T Russell Scared of death

by KW13 2 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

I wonder if C.T Russell was scared of death and punishment and perhaps wanted to believe so much that he would go to heaven that he swallowed his own lies. He objected to the idea of Hell, He claimed the end was imminent and that he and other faithful ones would go to heaven. I know he did some bad things, but part of me wonders if this man was also a big girls blouse...

• Chalam
    Chalam

I always felt this described CTR to a tee.

1 John 2:19 (New International Version)

19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

No doubt, the Holy Spirit had a talk with him at some point though

John 16:7-8 (New International Version)

7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt [ a ] in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:

Footnotes:
    1. John 16:8 Or will expose the guilt of the world

We will have to wait to see if he repented.

Luke 8:16-18 (New International Version)

A Lamp on a Stand
    16 "No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light. 17 For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. 18 Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken from him."

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Its the 21st century guys, get over the Ogaaboogaa religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit