How do you do it?

by MrFreeze 5 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

How do you leave the organization? What do you say to your loved ones that you'll rarely if ever talk to again? I want to know what some of you who have left the organization have said to parents, friends, or others close to you as you were leaving as to your reasons.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I stopped going to meetings because I had anxiety and was concerned about my health.

I told my husband that I couldn't go to meetings anymore because I don't believe it is God's organization. They started out with a cool thing, but the GB are like the Pharisees. They aren't inspired, and the Holy Spirit can't be directing them if they keep making up "new light" about the generation. I also said that I wouldn't have gotten baptized if I knew all the history beforehand...the religion wasn't what I thought it was. And I asked him if he wanted me to have a false faith...he said no.

So I burnt my bridge with him, but he no longer attends meetings, so we'll see.

As for my parents (they don't agree with shunning), I told them I still believe in God and the Bible, but told them my concerns with the religion. And told my Mom that I felt like I was lied to my whole life. (I didn't know the GB wasn't inspired until a few months ago.) It was a bit harsh, but I think they see the BS and how kids can get brainwashed and they no longer go to meetings either.

• wasblind
    wasblind

"How do you leave the organization?"

With less damage as possible, I know that may sound cowardace to some, but you have to consider your circumstances.

If you are under age, you may have to tough it out until you become of age and self supportive. and fade

If you are married with young children, you have to consider others as well as yourself. Every situation is different

what works for some doesn't work for everyone. And it's not for anyone to judge a person who no longer believes but

remain in. For those who are still in , they need a place to vent, in order to stay sane, my heart goes out to those. Stay strong

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I agree with wasblind. I wouldn't have been so brutally honest if my circumstances were different.

Great advice wasblind!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    How do you leave the organization? What do you say to your loved ones that you'll rarely if ever talk to again? I want to know what some of you who have left the organization have said to parents, friends, or others close to you as you were leaving as to your reasons.

Have you read either of Hassan's books?

Essentially, they won't allow you to say anything. Therefore, there is no need to say anything.

If, for any reason, they see you don't want to attend, they're DONE with you.

Cults shoot their wounded.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Good advice wasblind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit