"nothing more than your biological mother&...

by wheelwithinwheel 2 Replies latest jw friends

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Just met an ex who left her husband and da’d herself about 3 yrs ago. Her daughter who is still a JW had kept in contact but recently stopped calling. The ex-sister told me she was going crazy not having news, especially since her daughter was now pregnant. Finally she couldn’t stand it any longer and phoned to tell her daughter that all she asked was to feel her grand-child move in her daughter’s tummy before it was born. Her daughter was extremely upset and told her the C.O. had been by and told her she was not to have any more contact with her mom, who he classified as "nothing more than your biological mother". (So much for the un-severed family ties) The mom couldn’t believe this guy doing this because, years ago, he was the one who had studied with them, and apparently knew the husband’s problems in detail..

Although I don’t know any details of this family’s situation, I have noticed a peculiar tendency over the years. Many times it would become evident that a husband was acting like an ass and being abusive, at least mentally. Then the sister would leave, and end up df’d or da’d. Even though many in the congregation, including the elders, suspected and even discussed the brother’s abuse, the brother would be pitied and taken under the congregation’s spiritual wing; but the sister, who had been the victim, seemed to always be the "wicked sinner".

Anyway I’m happy to report the daughter disobeyed the C.O’s orders, had the mom over, and is now keeping touch

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Good for the daughter...and mother.

Jerks, continually hurting families.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Wheel:
    It's not a 'thing' against women. If the husband would have da'd himself and she would have remained, the tables would have been reversed. It does not seem to matter WHY a person da's or is da'd. Whenever you are 'out' you are shunned and despised. It matters not whether it's a matter of doctrine or gross 'wrongdoing'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit