Do Jehovah's Witnesses have a reputation of not stealing things from others, but they lie too much?

by asilentone 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asilentone
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There are thieves in Bethel..They get caught..Are tossed out..New ones arrive..

Theres plenty of Bethelites here that can confirm that..

Ray Franz wrote about it in one of his books..

..........................OUTLAW

• carla
    carla

Anyone remember a case a few years back where 2 jw's who would go into fs so they could case people's houses for antiques and such? I believe it was out east if memory serves. They were finally caught for burglary.

Then there was a case in Montana (?) where the jw's moved in so they could 'take care' of an elderly person, refused to let the family in, got her to change her will (I think there was question to her aged mental state) to her large estate, etc... it was a mess but they attempted to steal the entire estate from the family. I don't recall how it eventually ended.

There are many other cases as well as small office thefts where they justify their thefts with convoluted reasoning- at the big A we will...... everybody does it...... it is not really theft because ...... they justify it just like everybody else does, they are no different no matter how many times they repeat that they are.

Then there is what I consider theft of family members. They literally 'steal' your family from you be it through shunning or indoctrination of new members who then feel associating with their 'fleshly' (I detest that word) family is somehow evil.

jw's and lying???!!! well, what do you expect from an organization that redefines the word 'lie'? (see Aid book) Yes, they lie, they are encouraged to lie (I know mine was, heard it with my own two ears!) and often they don't even realize they are out and out lying to you. It continues to boggle my mind when that happens.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have seen a few examples of witlesses stealing. One was an employee eating Reeses peanut butter cups (wrapped) out of the bulk bin, in the name of "quality control". Now that might be necessary in cases of fresh product that has been the subject of recent customer complaints, but not in something with a year or more shelf life and is wrapped. This same witless has also been caught sleeping on the clock, ultimately leading to him getting fired.

Also, just recently I heard a nice tale of where a witless was renting a Rug Doctor. He called the manager in charge, complaining that the thing was busted and he was not going to pay for it. Funny thing, he didn't return it at the time he placed the complaint, and probably busted it (by disabling something) on purpose so he could keep it, or at least get out of paying for it. To me, that is the same as stealing the amount of money's worth of product because you are depriving the place of that much money you owe them (plus, subjecting them to a repair bill to diagnose the problem, which probably will be another $50).

Probably the worst case of theft I heard of was when one of them swindled another out of $5,000 worth of work, and then got the victim reproved. And yet they harp on picking up a penny and not finding the rightful owner, or putting $200 I found in a product I bought from a witless into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

• fokyc
    fokyc

I don't have any experience with the stealing bit. BUT

The elders I know are certainly the most adept liars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit