Reasoning from the scriptures

by Joey Jo-Jo 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Look what I found.

What is so misapplied with these scriptures??

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

They're misapplied because only the Watchtower Society knows how to apply them.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Gee, why isn't Proverbs 4:18 on the list? ;)

• elderelite
    elderelite

ROTFLMAO @ leolaia

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Gee, why isn't Proverbs 4:18 on the list? ;)

Because if it is, they'll use Proverbs 4:18 to explain why it was misapplied.

-Sab

• Ding
    Ding

That's a GREAT starting point for anyone who wants to examine what the Watchtower teaches.

Look them up in your Bible and see why the WTS is worried about them.

Where does that list appear in WT literature?

Interestingly, they list Isaiah 43:10, the verse from which they take the name "Jehovah's Witnesses"!

What's so bad about that one?

It's what it is that we are supposed to be Witnesses to -- that no god was formed before YHWH and that no god will be formed after him.

Oops!

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I just would like to know what the JW take on these scriptures are, is it in the book? Are they even be in the cd-rom?

Want to know about rom8:14 and eph1:4-5

• Ding
    Ding

I'm not sure, but here's what I seem to recall.

Romans 8:14-16: "Because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children."

I think the WT got lots of inquiries on this from JWs and from informed people at the door regarding their teaching that this only applies to the 144,000. The WT wanted to counter the idea that being led by God's spirit was for people other than the FDS class.

Ephesians 1:4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will--"

Again, I think this went to the "adopted as sons" issue. Some uppity "other sheep" thought this included them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit