First Time ... after visiting for 3 months

by Double Edge 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi. Have peeked in for the past several months and find this a very diverse (kind of) and interesting group. I'm not an EX anything, (not JW either...if that's ok)... but I've learned a lot from you. Hope to be able to bring another point-of-view that can be at least half as interesting as most of yours are.

Poetic overview of me (if anyone cares):

I live for those who love me,
    for those who know me true;
    For the Heaven that smiles above me,
    and awaits my spirit too...

For the wrong that needs resistance,
    for the right that needs assistance;
    For the future in the distance,
    and the good that I can do.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

As a fellow newbie who has only been here a couple days myself, Welcome. I don't feel so green now

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• terafera
    terafera

Welcome,

DakotaRed and DoubleEdge! Always nice to see a new face.. very refreshing!

How did you come by the site, if you were never a Witness, if you dont mind me asking?

As for me, I stumbled upon it a few months ago.. I was raised a JW and have been out for about 3 years.

Speak your mind!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

An aquaintance is a JW... we use to get in some lively discussions, but they would clam up after awhile. After visiting this website, I now understand why. I believe they we're feeling guilty about having new 'thoughts', ones that weren't sanctioned. I like lively discussions and couldn't understand why this person would 'turn off'..now I know.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

I've been on exjw discussion forums since 96' and I've come across a few that have never been dubs but find the discussions interesting. I say why not? Welcome! Lucky you that you didn't have to learn the hard way!

Marilyn

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Double Edge
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!
    plm

• ISP
    ISP

Well welcome back! Hope you find the board informative and fun!

ISP

• Xena
    Xena

Hello Double Edge...it's always nice to get new and fresh perspectives on things

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit