Demonized

by Liberty93 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Liberty93
    Liberty93

Is it just me, or are the witnesses the ONLY group that use "demonized" to mean that something has taken on an association with demons? Like, "Those CDs are demonized." Just a random question I've been thinking about.

What do y'all think?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

They are not.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

They are the only people I've ever heard use the expression, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least a few other groups. I met someone who told me when he was young, his parents used to send him to Christian camps in the summer and they often referred to themselves as "the truth". It sounded so weird to hear someone else use this expression who wasn't JW.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome Liberty93!

The WT have demonised pretty much everything and everyone who isn't stuck in their tower.

Christians follow Christ as He is the truth :)

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There is nothing special, or unique, about the WT.

Their proclaimed 'differences' are usually just word games, or variations on themes.

A shunned born-in Plymouth Bretheren described his father to me using the same words that my father uses. Same boat - different skipper.

• mamalove
    mamalove

FLDS use it to I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit