Watchtower Organizational Sheep's Clothing

by Ding 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

We all have seen plenty of WTS statements like this: "How grateful we should be that Jehovah has provided us with a faithful and discreet slave class to provide us food at the proper time!"

Suppose instead they had written it this way: "How grateful you should be that Jehovah has put us in charge of you to tell you what to think and how to behave!"

Yet that's exactly what they mean!

Someone once said, "The sheep's clothing of the false prophets is their vocabulary."

By creating the illusion that there is an entity ("God's organization") that's different than themselves, these men appear humble and escape personal responsibility for the consequences of the dictatorial control they exercise.

It's not a small group of men in Brooklyn who run JWs' lives.

No, no, no, it's "Jehovah's theocratic organization," it's the "faithful and discreet slave."

I'm not a Roman Catholic by any means, but at least the Catholic church tells us who the Pope is.

How many JWs know or care about the names of the members of the Governing Body that wields such incredible power and control over their lives?

How many JWs know anything at all about the men who control every aspect of their lives?

They assume they are godly people chosen by Jehovah to shepherd his kingdom on earth.

How do they know this?

Why, because the Watchtower publications tell them so over and over.

And who is responsible for everything the Watchtower says?

This same group of men!

But these men are very humble.

How do we know?

They have told us so in the Watchtower, over and over.

They don't want their names mentioned.

Let's see.

They don't want publicity.

They don't want public scrutiny of their own lives.

They won't show us their credentials for translating the Bible from Hebrew and Greek.

They won't sign their own names to any of the articles they write.

If they did, the illusion of a great, anonymously run, independently existing theocratic organization would be gone.

THINK, JWs. THINK!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I was thinking of some of these same points the other day, Ding. I was noticing that they set up a fictional character (i.e. faithful and discreet slave) so that you think in terms of that nameless and faceless person instead of thinking about 10 old guys sitting in a room in brooklyn new york, coming up with policies that all JWs must follow. If you were to think of the very HUMAN side of things, it would be easy to question them. But if there is a fictional PERSON for JWs to focus on, then they can equate HIM with God.

I'm sure someone else can word this in a better way than I can. But I think this bait and switch technique in regards to who is in the authority postion is really clever.

• Chalam
    Chalam

1 Timothy 4 (New International Version)

1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

This is not exclusive to the WT but however, they are clearly amongst those described here. Interestingly, the WT forbade marriage before the 1925 "Armageddon".

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit