Talkin' Bout Your Generation

by Mattieu 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Just watching a show here in Oz called Talkin' Bout your Generation

http://ten.com.au/talkin-bout-your-generation.htm

It pits 3 different teams from 3 different generations, Gen B, Gen X & Gen Y. It tests their general knowledge of events/people/facts across the 3 different generations. Hosted by a very witty Shaun Micallef...

I was watching this a few weeks ago with wifey (though she said marriage is over as I have left the truth - save that for another thread). I asked her would it be possible to say that those 3 different generations could be called the same generation by saying that they overlap each other? As expected she replied it couldnt. I then spoke briefly about the new generation understanding from wtb$, she reacted the same as my brother with the most incredible reply "we shouldnt worry about changes in understanding, leave that to the fds" Then she like my brother had to admit they could neither understand or grasp the new meaning or previous changes.

It reminded me of a wt article a few years ago which warned us against researching the "deeper things of the Bible, to leave that to the fds". The dumbing down process started then as they knew the need for blind trust from the rank n file.

Anyway, the TV show is a great way to expose the ridiculousness of the new generation understanding that Brooklyn put out.

Cheers, Mattieu

• penny2
    penny2

I happened to notice yesterday's daily text (which pops up when you start up the WT Library CD)

".......When adjustments are made in explanation of Bible texts or in how things are done, we want to accept them. We are delighted to see evidence that the spiritual light is still increasing. (Prov. 4:18) If we find it hard to understand a change, we ask Jehovah to help us to comprehend the point. Meanwhile, we endure in an obedient course, keeping our integrity."

It basically covers them for any changes they want to make - no questions asked, just endure. And be delighted in the meantime.

penny

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I love YoGen!! That Shaun McCauliffe is so hot. I know he’s older n’ stuff, but funny and intelligent plus he’s easy on the eye…. Phew…. Now that I’ve had my little fantasy…

That’s a great analogy using the show. Interesting way of using it to refute their silly reasoning.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Proverbs 3:13 " Happy is the man that has found wisdom, and the man that gets discernment,"

According to that scripture there are alot of unhappy witlesses, cause many don't understand the new light on the generation change.

Proverbs 3:21" Safeguard practical wisdom and thinking ability"

There is nothing practical with the new light on the generation change, and how can you safegaurd your thinking ability by not being allowed to use it.

The brain needs to be excercised just like any other part of the body.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hey BP, he used to host a brekky radio show here in Melbourne for a while, very funny man..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit