Taking the Apostle Paul at His Word

by believingxjw 0 Replies latest jw friends

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

I take Paul at his word when he wrote, "For it has been reported to me concerning you, my brothers, by those who are from Chloe's household, that there are contentions among you. Now I mean this, that each one of you says, "I follow Paul," "I follow Apollos," "I follow Cephas," and, "I follow Christ." Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized into the name of Paul?" 1 Corinthians 1:11-13 WEB

I follow the Christ and whenever Paul's teachings are not found in Christ's teachings I do what the Christ said and not Paul. For as Paul himself said, "Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized into the name of Paul?" No. So the teachings of the Christ always come first for me.

It's no accident that when Christians look for ways to restrict someone they go to what are considered Paul's writings or the other epistles. But when Christians look for words that inspire love of brother and common sense and condemnation of religious fundy ways they usually go to Christ.

I try to follow the Christ not Paul or any other Christian dead or living. Just my view on things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit