Does This Raise Any Eyebrows?

by Ding 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

Several years ago when JWs built a new Kingdom Hall in the area, they sold the old one to a Pentecostal church!

I thought, "Now wait a minute. They took a building dedicated `to the service of Jehovah' and transfered title to one of the 'churches of Christendom' to be used in their 'Satan worship'???"

How do they justify that?

Then I realized that they undoubtedly despoiled "Satan's organization" and the "wicked clergy of Christendom" of a lot of money in the process.

Ah, yes. Theocratic war strategy!

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

its just a building once they put it up for sale. they arent supporting christendom. they didnt seek out another church to buy it. thats just who the realitor got to buy it.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Plus I think with zoning laws, often times religious buildings have to be sold to another religious entity. I've seen that happen with Kingdom Halls that eventually were turned into Mosques after being sold. I guess its the same with Assembly Halls.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    its just a building once they put it up for sale. they arent supporting christendom.
    they didnt seek out another church to buy it. thats just who the realitor got to buy it.....frigg`nConfused

The JW Sellers could have Refused the Offer from Christendom..

The WBT$ will Hide behind anything,for Profit..

Even a Real Estate Salesman..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• undercover
    undercover
    its just a building once they put it up for sale. they arent supporting christendom.

Yea... no big deal. They've stressed that their buildings are not a temple to God, just a meeting place. Back when I was a kid, not all congregations had KHs. Many met in empty storefronts, or rented school auditoriums. I remember for many years all our circuit assemblies were in a school and the district convention was in a coliseum or stadium.

I think during the 80s they got a little carried away with the renovation of the Stanley Theater and building big fancy Assembly Halls. Since then though they seem to be getting rid of the high maintence buildings and concentrating on streamlining. That's evident as well in their sellling of their Brooklyn properties. If there was an issue in sellilng KHs to churches then it would be an even bigger issue to sell Bethel to "worldly" people...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The first kh I ever attended was in very rural PA, where there is tons of open land. Years after I was df'd, a new kh was built in a small town named after a Catholic saint. I don't know the reason why they chose to build there. Maybe the land was donated or something, but it just cracks me up, because their kh must be known as the St. Benedict congregation.

• yknot
    yknot

ours became a baptist church........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit