Random thoughts on preparing for the end.

by Eiben Scrood 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

All I can say is "stay alive till 75" (specifically the Jewish month of Tishrei). Yes, friends, we are all so tired from running the race that we have been finally told the month and year (our oracles are still working on the day and hour) of the end.

For further proof, we have the overlapping generation of Tyndale, Luther, Ein stein and now finally Samuel Herd.

My Bible reads that no one knows the day nor hour but that has not discouraged me. Perhaps the same entity/person/spirit that told you it is near is the same one that told our dear brother Fred Franz that it was coming in some special lunar month of the year nineteen hundred and seventy-five as he was so fond of saying. Dear Fred couldn't say 19-75. It had to be 1900 and 75. Such is the way with our faithful oracles.

I used to go for walks with a fellow Watchtowerite on a busy street and I did comment to him a few times that if he just pushed me into the oncoming traffic, I would be all set. It would put an end to my strugglin g to meet the national average and all my angst about the strange teachings. *sigh* He just couldn't bring himself to do it for me. Now, I'm stuck here waiting until 2075 for the end.

• Joliette
    Joliette

LOL What in the world....

The Lady Gaga Generation is 'Overlapping' with the Elton John Generation.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Don't buy any green bananas...

• steve2
    steve2

The end indeed does come as several generations of my JW family are discovering: it comes in the form of death - and it strikes roughly between the ages of 0 to 80 years, with some extensions for good behaviour .

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    some special lunar month

apropos that: I give you:

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html

Not too much time to prepare! Never ceases to amaze me, this setting of dates...

• Ding
    Ding

Many of us were attracted to the Watchtower Society because it seemed like they knew more about the Bible than anyone else. They had an explanation for everything. How greatful we were that Jehovah provided us with this organization to tell us the truth at the proper time in these last days...

Now it's patently obvious from looking at their history that no organization on earth has misunderstood end times Bible prophesy more than the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

No one else has come anywhere near proclaiming so many false dates and expectations that today even they admit turned out to be nothing.

Yet many JWs who were attracted to the Society because of its apparent great Bible understanding seem to have no problem with its multiple failed pronoucements. "Hey, at least they are proclaiming the kingdom, aren't they? Who else has a zeal for Jehovah's coming kingdom?"

If this is you, imagine what you would say to me at the door if I told you that I believe God's sole channel of communication is "Church X" of Christendom. Now THEY understand the Bible. Jehovah has revealed his truth to them and to no one else.

Of course, they announced Jesus' visible return for 1874. When Jesus didn't come visibly, they immediately proclaimed that he returned INvisibly. Not a problem for me. An invisible presence is impossible to prove and therefore impossible to disprove. I'm fine with that. The light is getting progressively brighter and brighter.

In the 1930s, they proclaimed Jesus' invisible presence began in 1914, not 1874. In 1914-1918, Jesus checked them out and chose them to be his "faithful and discreet slave" even though in 1914 they still thought their "eyes of understanding" had being seeing his invisible presence since 1874, when he wasn't really there at all. But they've corrected that now.

"Church X" even verified its chronology by measurements of the dimensions of the Great Pyramid of Giza, "God's Stone Witness." A few years later, it denounced the Great Pyramid is a monument constructed by pagans under the direction of the devil, so forget all about the pyramid.

So what if the founder of Church X has a replica of this pyramid on his grave? Not a problem. Don't persecute me by bringing that up. We've moved on. We've received new light. The light is getting brighter and brighter. We're tacking into the wind to make steading progress forward.

Church X taught solemnly that the end must come within one generation of 1914. A Biblical generation is 40 years. Well, sometimes 80 years. Well, sometimes people live to be 140.

And, of course, when they said 1975 marked the start of the 7th millenium of human existence, an appropriate time for Jehovah to act, we don't know exactly how much time elapsed between the creation of Adam and the creation of Eve. They forgot to factor that in. Oops, it's been 35 years since 1975, so forget the Adam-Eve creation gap. Doesn't mean a thing. Why focus on the past? Focus on what Church X teaches today.

New light. Generation? Well, that really involves an understanding of the anointed 144,000 versus the other sheep, so it may be as much as 50 years away.

But maybe not. In fact, Armageddon is just around the corner. Any day now... any day now...

What would you say to me, JW, about my rock solid faith in this organization?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit