child custody

by zebulon 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zebulon
    zebulon

Hi. This is my first post. I have been an everyday reader of this site for well over three years. Also jwfacts, jwstruggle, silentlambs, etc. Have read just about anything JW related along with a number of cult related books.

I was never a JW. Wife was raised from birth till about 18-19 years old and stopped going on a regular basis. I met my wife through an online dating site in August 2002. In 2003 our daughter was born. Wifes family started with the guilt trips of having to go back to the truth. She would come home (at least 5 times to my memory) an absolute crying mess. I was an agnostic and still am. I did not know anything about the JW religion. I told her if it upset her that much dont go back. I was supportive of my wife. But far be it from me to tell someone what spiritual course they should take. Well that all changed after she was baptized.

Long story short. Wife and daughter going to KH. They dont miss a meeting, assembly etc. Our relationship has eroded to the point I needed to move out. The anxiety was too much for me. I let my wife know that I will support them, daughter but cannot watch them live a lie.

I was served with a restraining order, after I moved out. I am going to fight for sole custody. I need to get my daughter out of the cult. I fully understand what is happening and why the order was served. My friends and family are tremendous support.

Has anyone here fought for custody of child, children and recieved sole custody? I am interviewing legal representation now. I have reached out to a few ex-JW people but need to expand my knowledge and weigh all of my options.

Zebulon

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome Zebulon. I am sure there are some here who have the experience to help.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome zebulon, Have you read the thread I won, I won, I won! by Anony Mous? If you want to read more threads, you can search JWN by entering "won child custody" in the search box on the top right of the window.

Best of wishes getting full-custody. Also, don't be surprised if your wife lies about you to the court. It is called Theocratic Warfare Strategy. JWs will feel justified in lying to the courts to ensure that their children are saved from dying at Armageddon.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    hello Zebulon. a distressing--but very familiar story. it would help if you are able to tell us what country you are in.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    ... and why the order was served.

And that would be because....? (you don't have to answer...I know that is private)

I don't know what the laws are in your country, but in mine, a restraining order is not easy to get. The one being served notice of restraint has to have committed an action that is potentially a criminal offense. That is how the orders are enforced - if you break the order, your ass is in jail on the offense that it was originally put in place for.

Custody issues are notoriously volatile and, unfortunately, the child is often put in the middle of a conflict that has nothing to do with them.

I wish you all the best in your efforts to maintain a relationship with your child. What is happening is not the child's fault and it would be a shame if your child suffered from the consequences of the conflict between you and your wife.

Good luck.

• Watchtower-Free
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh Wow!!

So sorry to hear about your situation.

Sincere love.

And that booklet!!!!!!! I cant believe they actually have this sort of thing prepared!!

That smacks " CULT!!!! "

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

PM sent.

(Check your forum mailbox.)

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Zebulon,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you and your family find yourselves in. You said your daughter was born in 2003 that would make her 12 years old this year. Is there not some way you and your wife can have joint custody? So that she is not torn from one parent by the other? That would be a hard experience and a negative memory that will last a lifetime.

All the best to you and your family,

Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit