Blood Question I asked my Elder Buddies

by xelder 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xelder
    xelder

I asked 2 elders on seperate occasions (because I'm careful) - the following scenario:

A man comes to the Elders and asks if he can take blood fractions for clotting since he is a bleeder. The elders tell him it's up to his conscience. The man says he feels bad because through his lifetime, many pints of blood from the blood bank will be harvested for his clotting fractions. The elders tell him it's up to him.

Next day the man's wife excitedly comes to the elders and thanks them for what they said to her husband. She also is relieved because she has an upcoming surgery and now feels according to her conscience that she could store some of her blood for use during surgery. That is surely less of a compromise than her husband taking fractions from the blood bank, she reasons. But the elders say NO...we will have a JC and assume that you have DA'd yourself.

I now asked the elders if they would feel comfortable sitting on that JC. One honestly said that he would avoid it. The other said he couldn't answer and would think about it. I told both of them that this was an example of why I could not be an elder.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Well thought out.

• potleg
    potleg

Also a prime example of why the WT Society and there minions are a bunch of selfish moroms...

Someone can donate blood and a JW can benefit BUT can a JW donate blood to help another person out???

And, I thought they believed that once blood left the body it should be poured onto the ground. So How do those witlesses get their fractions, with a spade?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit