my xwife is still terrified of the jw's help!

by warmasasunned 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

spoke to my xwife for the first time in 14yrs via facebook. we were in the witnesses together we left about twenty years ago got divorced almost straight away we were never suited i liked sex and she didn't (i'm very ugly).

anway a few years later she went back, i got the sermon of course "you should comeback its the truth" i put her straight on that one, her eyes glazed over as i spoke and she went her merry way.

14years later i pop her name into facebook there she is tattos and spouting politics animal rights (not very jw they ignore all that of course). dropped her a line, caught up, shes got four kids (she likes sex now, told you i was ugly). anway chitchatted about the witnesses, would'nt hear a word agaisnt them, encouraged her to look at this site as i belived it would help her come to terms with things, and i was told

"you need to get over it, i just put it to the back of my mind, dont think about it, i certainly wont associate with apostates....blah blah"

it made me feel really sad, because as you can see shes still in fear of big bad jehovah (as the jw's like to paint him). i really wanted to appeal to her "you dont have to worry it's not true" but it would just be wasted words hopefully she will come to terms with the situation.

when i think of the years we spent together trying to make things work, that crazy religion brain washing us.....just makes me sad that after all these years shes still trapped.

it makes me grateful to you guys who contribute to this site keep up the good work, maybe a few suggestions on how i could help my former wife who i still consider my friend (even though we hardly had sex for 10 years).

• unshackled
    unshackled

First, this was pretty funny..."i liked sex and she didn't (i'm very ugly)."

Seems to me some people don't want to come to terms with reality, they avoid it and push it to the back of their minds. I come from a large family (7 siblings total) and only 3 siblings remain as JWs. Myself and the 4 others have left. Of course, our family is torn in two because of this and we who left are pretty much shunned.

Anyways, all of us who left pretty much accept and know the reality of the JW's being a highly controlled group. That everything we were taught was lies. BUT there is one sibling who takes the "I don't want to think about it" approach. Head in the sand and doesn't want to go there.

I just figure that perhaps she will take longer to process it all. She is on her own timeline and hopefully she'll see the light. Regardless, she has left and has shown no interest in going back. I know the shunning thing really strikes a cord with her, it disgusts her and wouldn't go back because of it. But she still doesn't really want to see the bigger picture.

• dogon
    dogon

You cant make a horse drink. People who need social crutches turn to religion, others use religion for business as some use bars. But the thing is you get nothing from the dibdom. They are a allone way suck the life out of you group. First off why do you care what she thinks? Move on and forget her. Make a life with those who share your way of thinking. Those who will hang around and apoligise for the cult will only in time bring you down. Leave them in the mud where they seem to like it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit