I have a hard time hearing JWs defend their Blood Doctrine

by sabastious 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

To me there is NO reason to let a child die, even if he/she will be resurrected.

I have some convos with JWs about the Blood Doctrine and it gets my blood boiling! (no pun intended).

No respect for life. But I guess that's the point of being a JW, this current life is worthless so dying in it "in the name of Jehovah" is more appealing then living it out to the end.

"Abstain from blood." Three words in the NWT that have been the cause of genocide. And if you ask any member if they would be willing to allow their child to die if he/she needed a Blood Tranfusion they answer with a resounding YES, and are proud of it.

Even proud enough to take the faces of their dead children and put them on a Watchtower magazine, glorifying their "sacrifice."

This is not a Godly concept, and I will do well if I don't even speak to Witnesses about it because I feel like strangling them and taking their kids to a Foster Home. :(

-Sab

• Essan
    Essan

You have that reaction because you are compassionate and sane. Congratulations. :)

• sabastious
  • unshackled
    unshackled

It is indeed sickening, Sabastious. I was just thinking about the "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" campaign from the 1920s (?). Where do you think those millions are now? Yep, dead. Sickening lies.

If a pharmaceutical company advertised a new pill with "take it, you will never die" they'd be ripped to pieces with lawsuits and FDA investigations. Or same thing for a gym that would promote a workout plan that will make you "love forever"!

What do they do to a church that promotes "you will never die"? Tax exemption! Yah for religion.

• sabastious
    sabastious

^ pretty much

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit