Can You Explain "No Part Of This World" For Me So I Get It?

by CrimsonBleu 5 Replies latest jw friends

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Becasue....you see...I don't get it!

I don't get that JW's can't do military things (not even go to a commisary or deliver a truckload of merchandise to a base)

can't get higher education

join YMCA or other community clubs

associate with disfelloweshipped people becasue they are 'worldly"

And I know there si more...but that's enough for now.

If it were not for our soldiers, we'd be in deep &^%$.

Their members can't get higher edducation, but when they need a doctor or a lawyer or any other services from highly educated persons, they have no trouble coming to them for help.

Disfellowshipped people and other people of the world (Earth) are one and the same, except DA's are not in the church anymore.

JW's have NO trouble taking SSI, SS retirement, or SSDI from the government, recieveing governmenrt assisted health care, welfare, and so forth. They have no trouble getting a government issued drivers licences, or even a business license if they have their own business.

So what in the world is considered worldy?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Anything that might let them open their eyes.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    So what in the world is considered worldy?

Don't let anyone define anything for you.

Your life is whatever you make of it.

Don't let any cult convince you of their Truth.

What you do that makes your friends love you is all you need.

What you do that makes your friends hate you is what you don't need.

Define your own 'worldly'. You don't need some high control twat-for-brains telling you what Truth is. You are better than that.

Charlie Manson used that hackneyed old".... not part of this world... " line too. He was/is a nut job and has some followers that are willing to show you the error of your ways. His doctrines have just as much support from gods as the Washflannel does. If you have no idea of his background you could easily be sucked into his ATWA group. That group may even support ideals you have already. That doesn't make it right, but since when was that a problem for a cult member?

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Hi Blacksheep, Ia m a black sheep too...been out for 25, well, nearly 30 years now. I have two sisters still in.

I wanted to just throw some thought provoking questions out.

Also, I wanted to be updated at any change of policy the WT has from what it used to be while in. It befalls me that the rules they make for their members confine them to such a limited life. Think about this: if we ALL--the entire world---were all JW, then who would we go to for legal, medical and other professional help?

• Heaven
    Heaven

I asked my Dad about the definition of worldly and he got pissed off at me and said "You know! People doing evil things like what your ex did to you."

I said "Ok. But I've seen you call the Dictionary worldly. How is the Dictionary evil?"

Only the silence.

To add to what NVL said (like your avatar btw ), it also makes them 'unique', 'special', and proves they are 'God's Chosen'. It's used as an indoctrination tactic.

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Heaven, that Avatar just showed up...but glad you like it. I'd change it if I knew how.

Yeah, I like what NVL said too. Summed up. Still makes my head swim!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit