My illustration for religion and for being a witness...

by mkr32208 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Ok here's my illustration;

The world is a vast sea at night and we are all floating around in canoes. Our canoes are our religious beliefs. You are floating along happy as a clam and the JWs paddle up and say 'hey there is a hole in your boat!' You look down (in the dark) and say 'no there is no hole in MY boat!'

So the JW pulls out a spotlight and shines it on your boat and holy shit your boat is full of holes!!! The witness says 'here jump in this boat it's just like mine and it doesn't have any holes!' So you swim over and jump in the boat and wow it feels so much more secure (in the dark) and then the witness tells you 'we have an obligation to help others to get to safety!' Now here lets start building you a spotlight so you get your bible and your live forever book and the magazines and you build a handy dandy spotlight and you start sailing around shining your light and trying to get people to get to better boats. Most people ignore you and say 'shut the fuck up this boat is just fine yeah it leaks a little but it was my parents and my parents parents and their parents so shut up and get the hell out of here...'

So you sail around shining your light and it's fine, until one day you get a wild hair and shine the light down at your feet and see all the holes in your own boat. Now some people never do that some people just go their whole lives shining that light out pissing off every one else but some of us saw the boat we were in.

Now once we've seen the holes in our boat we have some choices. We can either ignore it and go back to shining our light, we can try to repair the boat (be advised the other people will toss you out of the boat if you try that) we can swim for another boat even though that one has holes in it too. Or you can go down with the ship (it is sinking just slow) now some people when they leave the witness boat swim to other boats (other religions) all those boats having holes as well or they try to patch the witness boat and keep trying to get back in no matter how often they are thrown out. And then some of us just stand up and realize that the water is only about 2 feet deep...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Right now I'm not in any boat. I'm floating on my back. And it's cold and freezing out here.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Um yeah thats why you should stand up...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm trying mkr, I'm trying.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Tim Kilgore had one that went this way:

You have the preppy Carlton Banksy kinda kids that shop at the Gap and Tommy Hilfiger and you have the Hot Topicish kinda group. The Hot Topic group looks at the prepsters and goes "No way man, I'm not conforming to that. I'm not gonna let society dictate to me what I wear. I'm not going to be in a box." However, what they don't know is they are STILL in a box albeit a smaller one. By not following the trend, you ultimately follow the trend of NOT following the trend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit