GENDER ROLES & THE ANNOINTED

by palmtree67 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I was thinking further about this because of the many "women as weaker vessels" topics posted lately and also this thread from Randy:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/198399/1/Letter-from-an-anointed-reader-who-DAd-after-33-years

This was about an annointed WOMAN, whose insights were outright discounted by the GB and was told to "wait" for them.

These are my thoughts:

1. There are more females in the world than men. Yet there are more males annointed than females. How can they really be in a position to judge females? I don't think they really understand women, especially when the majority of the GB are not, and have not been married.

2. As shown in Randy's topic, female annointed have NO input in policy making and are not allowed to contribute any information they feel has been related to them through Holy Spirit. Yet, would they not have equal input when they get to heaven? Why would it be different when they are all on earth?

3. In fairness, I don't think the GB takes input from other annointed, no matter what gender they are. How does this translate to heaven? Is there some kind of heirarchy amongst the annointed in heaven, like there apparently is here, too? I'm disturbed that the GB does not even CONSIDER any thoughts from their fellow annointed.

Just random musings here, but I appreciate your thoughts.

• clarity
    clarity

Great points Palmtree.

Perhaps because we as women are 'trained' to be subordinate (conciously or unconciously) this glaring error of ommission, has gone litterally over our heads! OMG when you follow this FDS thing to it's final conclusion .....WAKE UP TIME!!!! Thanks for that.

c

• Libelle
    Libelle

Wow. This is new information to me. Shouldn't surprise me, but it does... Also the GBis made up of mostly unmarried/never married men?? Really?

• Joliette
    Joliette

Great thread! I've always wondered why there were more male annointed the female annointed. But theres more women in the world then men...so how can that be. I started a thread on the racial demographics of the annointed. NONE of it adds up...just think about it.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Do you have any kind of data to support the idea that there are more "anointed" men than women? If so please share. I have never heard this.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

No, I don't have any data to support that.

That's just how it appears to me.

Is your experience different?

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

In fairness, I don't think the GB takes input from other annointed.

Never thought of that, it's a thread waithing to happen, will though and post if I come up with anythin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit