Truth About Religion and Christianity....

by digderidoo 4 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
  • tec
    tec

Only watched the first video so far. I would like to point out that everyone here knows (I think they do, anyway) that Jesus was not born on December 25th, so saying that all these others were, means nothing. Then, when it is shown that these others weren't born on that day (or there is no reference at all to when they were born)... and yet the video and others like it say they were to try and make a connection... well, you can draw your own conclusions.

Here is a link to a site that shows the 'truth about godmen copycat claims'.

http://www.kingdavid8.com/Copycat/JesusHorus.html

I put the horus link up, but at the top, you can navigate through all of the men that some of these people claim Jesus was copied from. The guy who runs this site lists his sources at the bottom of each page. Some are Christian sites, others are just plain old, 'could-care-less about making a comparison between Jesus and anyone', sites that describe the myths as we know them.

Tammy

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

The video's speak about more than just Dec 25th and more than just Horus. It shows to how many diffferent religions have common factors, even down to the Flood story and similarities between Noah's story and other stories which predate the bible.

Paul

• tec
    tec

I know the first video speaks about many comparisons and different religions' god-men - I was just commenting on the obvious off the top of my head comparison. The site I linked to goes through all the comparisons also.

If all religions descended and spread out from one point, then they should have some common factors and myths. Of course, that's assuming they all spread out from one point. They could also simply have carried points and traded them among one another. But as pagan rites and things entered Christianity in the past two thousand years, then there's no reason to think that it couldn't have entered Judaism at some point also - or vice versa with another religion.

I'll watch the next video as soon as my kids are in bed.

Tammy

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Religion, is a concept of the mind. The mind is too limited to know the infinity and rawness of present moment reality, so it tells itself stories.

Religion= the minds feeble attempts of understanding what it can not understand, an thus it makes up a story which it subtracts from and adds to over the course of thousands of years.

So similarities are to be expected when you know what your dealing with....an evolutionary comic book reality.

So the nest step is: why fuck with stories when reality is here right now staring you in the face??????????????????

This isn't rocket science.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit