Documented Abuses by WT

by JT 3 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

I have read a number of Post here and the Pain and suffering that WT has inflicted on so many folks is truly sad. Awhile back a poster made the following comments about WT ABUSES AND I wanted to share them with you for they are so True and so Sad

Enjoy

JT.

<I>***There are millions of documented abuses by the WTS***

If you documented every life that has been twisted by this cult, then he is right. Count the number of children convinced to become social outcasts over lies, count the number of young boys abused in prisons when alternative service was not allowed as it is now, count the number of loving children, parents, brothers, sisters and other friends and relatives shunned over not sin but disagreement on doctrine, count the number of marriages broken up,count the suicides, count those suffering from depression, count the number of people who didn't have children when they wanted to due to false predictions made by the Jehovah's Witnesses and who now can't due to age, count the number of people condemned to low wages and long hours, count the number of people facing poverty in their old age from not preparing or having jobs with good benefits due to Jehovah's Witness lies about the world ending and not "arranging the furniture on the Titantic." Yeah, I think he has his numbers and if anything is being conservative with his figures. If you look at the waves of pain sent out even through the non-witness relatives and friends over such things as not celebrating birthdays or being close to any who aren't in the "Truth(/lie)" then it might well swell above millions as each witness has borne many, many pains and inflicted many, many pains in his or her lifetime.
    You are the Idiot if you deny the record of this group as they are on paper, everything from the "poison puss" of vaccinations and aluminum to the masthead of the Awake for all those years printing the lie they had to change. You have chosen, as have these Other Sheep, to be the tool of liars and evil men. Your knowledge of the sin and your pathetic desire to be recognized as one of the leaders of this twisted group only makes you more culpable.
    I Pity the Fool that follows either you or your idols.
    Tantalus

</I>
    The words of Carl Sagan are so True

<blockquote>
    Doctrines that make no predictions are less compelling than those which make correct predictions; they are in turn more successful than doctrines that make false predictions. But not always. One prominent American religion confidently predicted that the world would end in 1914. Well, 1914 has come and gone, and -- while the events of that year were certainly of some importance -- the world does not, at least so far as I can see, seem to have ended.
    There are at least three responses that an organized religion can make in the face of such a failed and fundamental prophecy. They could have said, "Oh, did we say '1914'? So sorry, we meant '2014'. A slight error in calculation. Hope you weren't inconvenienced in any way." But they did not. They could have said, "Well, the world *would* have ended, except we prayed very hard and interceded with God and He spared the Earth." Instead, they did something much more ingenious. They announced that the world *had* in fact ended in 1914, and if the rest of us hadn't noticed, that was our lookout.
    It is astonishing in the face of such transparent evasions that this religion has any adherents at all. But religions are tough. Either they make no contentions which are subject to disproof or they quickly redesign doctrine after disproof. The fact that religions can be so shamelessly dishonest, so contemptuous of the intelligence of their adherents, and still flourish does not speak very well for the tough-mindedness of the believers. But it does indicate, if a demonstration were needed, that near the core of the religious experience is something remarkably resistant to rational inquiry.
    — quote from "Broca's Brain" by Carl Sagan, p. 332, twelfth edition

• waiting
    waiting

Hey JT,

Welcome to our neck of the woods. Thanks for the post. I've read Carl Sagan's quote before, but not the one by Tantalus.

But it does indicate, if a demonstration were needed, that near the core of the religious experience is something remarkably resistant to rational inquiry. -Carl Sagan

I suppose we all are coming to this conclusion - but it was so much nicer to think that "this system will soon pass away, and we'll be in Paradise." We were resistant to rational inquiry. But we had faith.

"Faith is the assured expectation of things to come." (Hebrews) What did we base our assurances on? The interpretation of the scriptures by the WTBTS. Perhaps we would have been better off rationally inquiring about our assurances upon which our faith was based, eh?

Thanks for the quotes.

waiting

• JT
    JT

well stated indeed

it does hurt when you find out that your entire life has been a lie

for me it was so hard coming to grips with the fact that i will Grow Old- all my life i used to say "My only fear would be to grow old and get sick and die"

i would look at the older friends as they struggle to climb steps in service, etc and i i knew that according to the FDS the Generation of 1914 would not die off completely

when they changed the "Promise" that God had made , it was like having a rug riped out from under you

i truly think that in the next 10 yrs esp in the western countries the JW kids will leave in droves- most adult jw are in fear of the NET- but these kids will be so comfortable with the Net it will not be funny

when you consider that so many jw youth rebell any old way - what do you think it will be like for a jw kid "Armed" with the truth about WT

man thier folks will not be able to tell them nothing

i can see it now on the family study:

DAD the kids at school say we used to teach that the end would come in 1925

no son that ain't true - the society NEVER SAID THAT -
    then the kid pulls out the old articles that the kids printed out for him at school
    and the dad goes into the: BOY what you doing with Apostate Material

but dad it's from the society's own publications

boy throw that stuff away - it could bring demons into our home

can you see this kid staying around after his 18th birthday with a jw father reacting that way

smile

i personally know bro right now who will not read anything printed out that came off the net , even if it is printed WORD FOR WORD FROM the publications due to the fear that wt has instilled in them

that will not be the case for the young jw of the high tech age

cu

JT

• thinker
    thinker

JT,
    I totally agree with you. Right now as we speak I know a girl who will be sixteen in February. I have the dubious honor of having brought her "family into the truth". Not proud. She is on the net and very disgusted with the hypocrisy. One of the first things she asked me "What is all this about 1975" Just wait till she reads the rest of it. She says "When I turn eighteen, I'm outta' here". Unfortunately she is baptized.
    Thinkers Wife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit