Looking for Rutherford Interview

by muzzy 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• muzzy
    muzzy

Calling all research geeks, please help if you can.

In doing some research on Joseph Rutherford, a couple weeks ago I came across an interview he gave to a Missouri newspaper talking about his upcoming Theocratic Convention in St. Louis in August 1941. The newspaper may have been the Globe-Democrat. I remember it had a black-and-white portrait photo of Rutherford, and the caption said 'This is their leader.' I read this interview in pdf format on the internet, and I suspect I may have found it on jwfacts.com.

Unfortunately, I failed to save the location, and now I can't find it. Do you have it, or know where I can find it?

Any help you can offer I would greatly appreciate. Thank you so much!

• snowbird
  • homejah
    homejah

Thank you as well.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Just to add a bit on this subject for future researchers…

The article scan at issue is not the one published in the St. Louis Globe-Democrat. The Globe published an article on August 10, 1941 that is nearly identical to this one, but the two are not exactly the same.

The title of the Globe article is:

RUTHERFORD, LEADER OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES, GOT HIS START IN ST. LOUIS

The title of the article cited in this thread is:

JUDGE RUTHERFORD, LEADER OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES, GOT HIS START IN ST. LOUIS

My best guess is this latter article was published in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, probably at or about the same time as the one in the Globe.

I have a scan of part of the Globe article at my blog here: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2013/03/jehovahs-witnesses-organization.html

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit