Has anyone Ever Told those Elders off Over their abuses of People?

by razkat 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• razkat
  • elderelite
    elderelite

razkat, how about you slow down a little and use one of your last remaining 3 posts for the day and tell us a little about yourself.. are you a JW or a relative... did you grow up a JW.. why are you here.. why so much animosity toward elders..etc etc...

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Hi razkat,

I was disfellowshipped in 1997 after coming to the defense of a mentally challenged brother who the elders and ministerial servants decided to publicly reprove after they provoked him into throwing his Bible, mostly because they didn't take the time to understand him or get to know him. This kid had a good heart and was really zealous for "the truth" until they practically destroyed his faith. I was one of the few people in the congregation who ever paid any attention to this guy and the only one who was willing to pick him up and bring him to the meetings. It was a long way to the Hall and it would have taken 3 buses to get there.

There was also a sister in the congregation who confided in me that she had been publicly reproved for "conduct unbecoming a Christian", which when translated, meant that she had complained about the presiding overseer treating all the women in the congregation as second class citizens a la the Apostle Paul on steroids. I requested a back room meeting where I informed the PO that he had lost his forgiveness and mercy due to being "overreached by Satan" as per 2 Corinthians 2:10,11...and that HE was the reason why more than half the congregation was attending the meetings of the other congregations sharing the Kingdom Hall.

Within a week he built a BS case against me, bullied his opinions onto the other two elders in the tribunal (who happened to like me very much, or so I thought) and disfellowshipped me a week after that, basically for celebrating Christmas and smoking during the 19 years I was "inactive" before returning to meetings 9 months before this happened. I didn't know they could disfellowship people for retroactive behavior but anything goes in a mind-control cult where elder training includes indoctrination with Nazi ideals.

~PS

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

@ prodigal son - aren't glad you are out of that. There is an elder in my community who is an ex-Marine sergeant. Talk about a person without mercy! He likes to brag that he is seen as the disciplinarian among the elders.

Sick, sick cult and its sick, sick elders!

• razkat
    razkat

hi prodigal son,i was a Witness for about 20 years.it caused my mental and emotional problems to get worse.as for elders,i have nothing against elders in gereral.in fact i was good friends with a few.its the ego and the going to the head i hate.one elder in particular said something very cruel and judgmental about my problems behind my back and now i want to descecrate his grave.there are many people(and i say people)who have become elders and they let it go to their heads and have hurt many people.Razkat

• razkat
    razkat

Sorry prodical son....I mean Elderlite.

• jeckle
    jeckle

razkat i can relate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit