Confidentiality

by sammielee24 4 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

A refresher for newcomers and a reminder for everyone else.

Posting a response to a message or starting a topic, unless it is listed under the members only menu, is open to public viewing by anyone. This includes photographs or personal discussions and it is easy to forget that you are on a public board sometimes during heated debate where you may forget that the topic has been started in an open room and not a private one.

I would also remind people that leaving your computer open to JWN once you log on or your password available to others, in an unsupervised capacity, may provide access to this forum and all the private postings, pictures and data on it to anyone, including those who should not or do not honestly wish to engage in appropriate discussion.

Just an FYI

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

As illustrated by the other thread, choosing a unique username isn't necessarily a good idea either.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Good post, Sammie. Thanks for the reminder

I've alway been of the opinion that you should never say in private what would embarrass you in public

• Voices
    Voices

grr...see i knew i shouldn't have told people i like vlassic pickles! i be getting offers like CRAZY!

you know... i also like a BMW Z series!

j/k! .... partially

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I started a thread along the same lines as this, yesterday.

I asked people to Google their JWN user name and add Jehovah's Witness. net after it.

What goes on the internet, stays on the internet.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/198414/1/Google-your-JWN-username

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit