Went to the zoo today

by watersprout 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• watersprout
    watersprout

Woke up to a beautiful warm summers day, the sun was shinning and the sky was a beautiful clear blue!

So baby sprout and i deceided to go to the zoo. I was very excited as i don't get out much! When we got there we were marvelling at the range of exotic animals and also discussing how we think it's cruel to keep them confined in such small enclosures, when in the wild the world is their oyster! We went in the lemar walk and i had their tails curling round me, thats when i noticed baby sprout's bottom lip sticking out. I asked ''baby sprout what is wrong, are you not having fun?'' Her reply was this ''well when i came here i was expecting to have the lemars jump all over me and hug me and they are not. And i want to go home as i am not enjoying myself, my legs hurt and it's just not fun without daddy''............. I tried to contain my hurt as i thought we were having fun, so i asked ''why do you want daddy, are you not having fun with me?'' Baby sprout looks at me with utter disdain and replies ''You are boring, next time i want daddy to come''...............

I'm really glad that my seven year old finds me boring! Lol

Next time i'm taking Carrot as he is the fun parent! lol

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

watersprout....

that is ok...my 9YO (soon to be) step son finds me boring too. Completely ignored me when I picked him up at school today. Literally. I had to gently grab the top of his head and slowly swivel him around and have him look at me. Apparently, discussions of Pokemon battles with his school buddy are infinitely more interesting than some 43 year "old guy."

I love the zoo. The St. Louis Zoo is world-class, mostly free (free admission all the time, just certain areas and shows charge a small fee) even to us non residents and non members (though we did join the zoo friends this year...more than paid for itself already).

Snakes (Rich )

• watersprout
    watersprout

At least i'm not on my own! lol

When baby sprout comes out of school i get her bags and coat thrown at me, then when i ask her what has she done nice at school today she tells me she did nothing and she just sat on her chair looking at the wall! I was never like that at her age, no matter what my parents say! lol

I live in the UK and the zoo we went to charges quite heavily, so i was determined to enjoy it! I did enjoy it and i got a half price voucher so i'm going again with or without the baby sprout!

• cult classic
    cult classic

There's something about 7-10yr olds. They have to tell you how much fun they didn't have or aren't having. They're so cute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit