Tanzania witch doctors

by EmptyInside 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Did anyone else watch 20/20 last night? It was about in the country of Tanzania how people born with albinism are in hiding,because witch doctors claim that their body parts are potent ingredients for spells. They cut off their limbs and it's just too horrific to go into detail.

One woman survived the ordeal,but had lost her arms. And a BBC reporter is in hiding for exposing the witch doctors.

They even killed a little baby in front of its mother and told her if she screamed they would kill her other children.

It is just evil. It's hard to fathom, people would put their trust in people that encourage them to do such evil acts. If only they could be convinced these men have no power and their spells and charms are worthless.

• flipper
    flipper

EMPTYINSIDE - My JW niece & hubby are serving as JW missionaries in Tanzania now. It's just awful how superstitions grip people into killing others. Not only people who are influenced by witch doctors , but people who are influenced by superstitious witnesses too. JW superstions take people's lives over a lifetime- wastes their lives - witch doctors take people's lives literally right now . I see it all as evil. So sad superstion rules mankind by ANY religion

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Emptyinside, I saw that show with my kids we are still talking about it. You're right it was one of the most hear wrenching pieces I have ever seen. NMKA

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes, NMKA, I can't stop thinking about it myself. The story was haunting. It answered my question that some people are plain evil and how far a lot of people take superstitions. We're not talking the number 13 and walking under ladders here.

I wish I hadn't seen it. But,at the same time, I feel for those that are living it.

I did post it in the wrong section though. Sometimes I don't pay attention where I post topics. Sorry about that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit