Danish movie on JW's : To verdener (Worlds apart)2008

by yalbmert99 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Hi everyone,

there is this Danish movie made in 2008 : "To verdener" (Worlds apart). Based upon a true story, the film is about a 17-year-old Jehovah's Witness girl who struggles to reconcile her faith and her secret romance with a non-believer boy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worlds_Apart_(2008_film)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP0grwoiF-w Trailer with english subtitles

You can download it and add english subtitles: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8BYB0KOY Then open and save with Winrar in it's own file. Rename it "Tover.avi" Then download and save the subtitles : http://rapidshare.com/files/410635897/tover_eng.srt.srt rename it "Tover.srt" Put the two files in the same folder. If you media viewer can't read the movie, then download : http://www.01net.com/telecharger/windows/Multimedia/lecteurs_video_dvd/fiches/23823.html This software is safe. The movie is available online in Danish with spanish subtitles : http://pelasonline.blogspot.com/2009/09/to-verdener-espanol-mundos-aparte.html Enjoy! www.watchtowerlies.com

• yalbmert99
  • Soldier77
    Soldier77

Wow! Thanks for this link, I'm going to watch it when I can, looks interesting to say the least.

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Here is the True Sara Dahl : her name is Tabita Brøner : see also her picture

http://www.bt.dk/underholdning/tabita-broener-jeg-kan-ikke-hade-min-far

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

I watched this about 4 months ago & can tell you that it is well worth watching :)

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I saw this on the shelf at Blockbuster Video and rented it. Whoever did this film, had to have been a former Witness. They even had the Societies calander on the wall in one scene. I think any Witness or former Witness would recognize that this wasn't done by an outsider (so to speak).

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

I think so too, it's soo accurate that it had to have ex-witnesses making it.

• pallemar
    pallemar

it was ex-witnesses who made it ;)

it was Kristian Molbo who was atwiser behind the movie.

and it is writen from a little artikel, i keep on tiesing the jehovas withness with in denmark ;)

it have sadly been removet from the paper :( but i have a copy of the artikel here.

Dearest Tabita see herself in the mirror By Elisabeth Arnsdorf Haslund and Thomas Mikkel Mortensen An inevitable parting with God throws a young girl out in a sharp confrontation with the values that have shaped her mind and restricted her freedom. This is the story of Tabitha bridge to leave the Jehovah's Witnesses, but even end up being abandoned. Whether one lives in forced isolation. And the ability to make the right choice. Table piling up in front of her. The three pale men sit shoulder to shoulder on the long side. They stare at her when she hesitantly step approaching. Stacks of papers, books and Bibles are scattered on the table. It's a Wednesday evening in March 2000 and 17-year-old Tabita is nervous. Scared. She feels microscopically in the dim room. She pulls out the chair, sits down and silent waiting. The blond hair is carefully brushed behind the ears. The men's eyes burning into her skin. She knows all three of them - have known and respected them always. It is the oldest. The highest intention and most scholars in the Jehovah's Witness congregation-in Hobro, as Tabitha grew up in. "Kissed you him?" Asks one. "Touched you know him?" "He touched your breasts?" 'Had sex? The questions become more and more intrusive. Her whole slender body shaking. Tabita know that she has done nothing wrong. She stayed overnight at a boy. It is strictly illegal under the rules. Her gaze wanders around in the square room. The walls are covered with bookshelves filled with literature and magazines. She can not bring himself to face them. Ashamed. The three men sends her doorstep. They will discuss whether she should be punished for his misdeed. Tears roll down the cheeks of her when she sits down to his father. He has sat on a bench and waited throughout the questioning. He pats her on the shoulder. Trying to console her, but she is oblivious to him nearly enough. The door goes up. They call Tabitha again. The Elder has prepared an educational talk. She must break the link with the boy, they demand. In return, they hush the matter down so she will not have to be branded a bad company ahead of the rest of the congregation the next Sunday meeting. Tabita is aware that she has been lucky, but punishment is still unbearable. In vain she begs to be allowed to continue to see his girlfriend. She is just in love. "It was the most horrific I had ever experienced. I was disappointed at all - suddenly I was all alone. " Tabita bridge is named after a seamstress from the New Testament. She has been a Jehovah's Witness all her life. Just as long as she can remember, she has every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday pulled in the best clothes to attend meetings and talks with her parents and siblings. Even while she was in the pram, she was with her family stuff on the doorstep. For the most part with his father. She always spent the most time with him. He was playing his uncle while her mother had plenty to do with cooking and laundry for five children. When he did not read Tarzan books aloud, they were out in the wild. Together, they could just hours to go to fit the many animals on the farm. Donkeys, rabbits, cats, dogs and chickens. Sometimes got Tabita allowed to go with him when he was out in the Rold Forest and ring mark owls. Then they took warm clothes and drove away in the old green Saab. She stood at the foot of the tree and so fascinated at while danger fearlessly climbed up to the owl box. But the safe childhood is far away now. Everything has changed after she is older. Constantly get the sense her questioning the religious maxims, she was brought up with. Slowly she begins to live two lives - as the happy and lively Tabita, who falls in love and rejects the values that have guided her, and as the dutiful Tabita, there is a good witness for Jehovah. The revelation that she stayed overnight at a boy, has now attracted the congregation and the family's distrust. Her two irreconcilable lives have collided. She notices how the tight framework of Jehovah's Witnesses restricts her freedom, but she refuses to let go of the outside world. "I could have wished that I had been able to follow more of my peers when I was younger. So I would have felt more normal today. " Tabita pulls the duvet up to his chin. There is quiet in the dark room. She folds her hands and closes her eyes. "God, Jehovah," says the 17-year-old girl softly to himself. She has done thousands of times before - every evening, just before she has gone to sleep. But this time the prayer a second. And her last. For this evening in May 2000, Tabita not say the things she used to. "I do not believe you anymore," she whispers into the air. Only some days ago that her first ever stayed away from a Sunday meeting in church. Her mother and two younger siblings ran around the house to get ready. Arguing about the bathroom as usual. But Tabitha was just lying in his bed, would not stand up. She waited for them to come in and ask why she had not yet dressed, but no one said anything. For months she has been torn between the religious outlook, she has never doubted, and the independent lifestyle, she now has a taste for. But Tabitha has finally taken its decision. She broke up with God. She will no longer be Jehovah's Witness. Can not. It feels wrong. She is a different person now. Hands dismantled before they used to. The obligatory "Amen" forthcoming. Tabita turns on its side and lies down to sleep with an unprecedented sense of relief. "I do not regret my choice. It would be wrong for me to have been in the religion of the heart told me my sense that there was no God. " The strong sunlight Tabita frames the face and arms. In a pink summer dress she strolling barefoot around the garden in front of the little red house in Nørresundby where she just moved in with his girlfriend. On the lawn are her two cats and enjoys the heat. It is July 2001. Over the past eighteen years, Tabitha slipped farther and farther away from the Jehovah's Witnesses. Does not come to meetings, does not look his old friends and not feel more like part of the community. She keeps his distance, hiding almost. She dropped out of trade school. It seems so indifferent when she is being crazy by thinking about his messy life. A car door slamming on the road. Tabita hurried off to the garden gate and gives his father a kindkys. She rejoiced that he should come. Looking forward to show the house and the garden forward. Arm in arm yesterday father and daughter around on grass. She shows him the blooming rose bushes, woodland strawberries down by the hedge and apple tree in the middle of the garden before he gets to come inside. They sit at the dining table. Tabitha has dragged him around the house while he in turn has given advice on how to remove rust spots and hatches flowerbeds. He has not even mentioned futon-couch in the living room. Not one word on the folded blanket and pillow, as Tabita few hours earlier put forward to suggest that she sleeps on the couch and not in the double bed. They both know it's a lie, but she can not really find out why she still did it. Perhaps to maintain the illusion to her father that she still lives as an orthodox Jehovah's Witness. Tabita puts the coffee pot on the table and pours up to them both. She smiles at his father, but he's not responding. He has suddenly become a serious man she has only met a few times in his life. "Tabitha, you live with your boyfriend now, so therefore I can not see you anymore," he says calmly. The phrase sounds unreal. She does not believe in it. Chuckle back, but are only greeted by a fixed gaze and clenched lips. He repeats his words in a more definite tone. He wants her to return to church, but Tabitha refuses. They rise from the table. 'Well, is it just goodbye, "she asks fumbling. "Yes, it should be," he says and holds out her hand while she grabs at him. Pulls him to her. After a half-hearted hug, he turns his back on her, goes out the door and down the garden path. And there it dawns on her. He's gone. Gone out of her life. Tears are pushing. "Ever since I was a kid, so I very much up to my father. I aspired to be like him, so I was of course sad not being able to live up to his expectations. " The television screen flickers. Tabita comfort of your couch. She has taken a blanket over my legs and sip a cup of hot tea. It's August - almost two months since her father disappeared out the front door. She wonders what he's doing right now whether he is doing well, though he does not care about her but the phone disconnects germ mind. She lifts the receiver and recognize the voice at the other end immediately. It is Henry - one of the elders of Jehovah's Witness congregation in-Noerresundby. Over the last week, he several times unsuccessfully troops up at her doorstep. Now Henry's patience runs out. Tabitha has to make conversation in the National Hall, otherwise she risks being officially expelled from the Jehovah's Witnesses, he threatens. She sits back on the couch. She will have nothing to do with them. Television continues to run but it's hard to concentrate. A few miles away sits three middle aged men and decide her fate. An exclusion will isolate her completely from all those she grew up with. The elder's ruling will stamp her as a bad person. One person you should avoid. Thoughts whirring in the head. She thought that she could slowly slip out of Jehovah's Witnesses. That the congregation would just forget her, so the rest of the family do not also being forced to push her away. Half an hour later the phone rings again. Henry's preaching voice swirls bible quotes and formal phrases into the air. 'Paul writes ... fornication ... sin ... repent. " Tabita only hear with half an ear, the message is already abundantly clear. She is ostracized. "I felt powerless. I was thrown around in a system I no longer wanted to be a part of. " Only a handful of dark figures is to look at the shadowy platform. 21-year-old Tabita stands waiting at Hobro Station, she is coming home. She shives to the hands on the big stationsur. There are ten minutes until the train leaves. A young girl walking past her. Suddenly recognize Tabita face. It is her sister Line, as she has not seen in almost a year - not since she was ostracized. Tabitha takes a step forward. "Hello." Line looks up, hesitates for a moment. 'Hello,' she replies taciturn, continue just past Tabita and stops a few yards further along. Tabita follows her with his eyes. Line frantically rummages around in her handbag and put immediately two little earphones in their ears. Takes his cell phone and begins to press on the keyboard. The minutes yesterday while the two sisters are a few steps from each other without exchanging a word. A strange empty feeling flowing through Tabita. They shared a room for years. They used to be best friends. She tries in vain to make eye contact with the whites IC-3 trains roll into the station. Line turns his back and walk quickly along the platform towards next togdør. Coach is almost empty, since Tabitha enters. She sees the line - she sits ahead of the truck, but Tabita can barely discern her dark brown head of hair between seat rows. It's nice to see her again. Actually, she just wanted to go down to her. Talk to her. But she can not bring themselves to it. The train set off and the station glides past. Tabitha takes his cell phone up, think for a moment and then write a text message to his sister. "I'm glad to see you again. You look great. Hope you are well. Hugs Tabita. " Not too pushy, not too long. She pressed the send button and leans back slightly to the side to monitor the Line. But the reaction does not occur. Her hair does not move. 'Next station: Skørping, "says the mechanical voice of the train's loudspeaker. Line rises, but Tabita do not get her face to see again. Her eighteen years younger sister goes the other way out of the coach and ladders. The train is moving. Tabita sits dejected back and look out the window. She has kept her cell phone in hand, but there comes no answer. Line has already vanished into the darkness. "My family has always meant a lot to me. Today when I see others with their families, I am sorry, because it reminds me that I have not my anymore. " Morning sun penetrates through the windows of the small, square room. It's just at eleven, when Tabitha comes in the door to the chapel at Hobro Hospital. On both sides of the narrow aisle sit women and men with folded hands, and grieving eyes. In the heavy wooden chest is a boy, Tabita has grown up in church. She is late. Subdued music streams to meet her. She looks fleetingly around the room, but all the back seats are occupied. There are only a few vacant chairs right at the third row. She hesitates for a moment. Take courage. It's all her old congregation that fills the room. Tabitha has not seen them, after she was expelled from the Jehovah's Witnesses for more than two years ago. Then she felt lonely and isolated, but now she is about to get a grip on her life again. She is almost done with his HF education and plans for the future. The ceremony begins. She can not stand in the doorway. On his way through the chapel marks her how blood flows around in her wobbly legs. For every step she passes someone she has known since birth. Conflicting emotions welling up in her. She misses them - they have been part of her life ever - but they belong to the past, she detests. The many eyes staring back amazed, but Tabitha continues unabated up the aisle. She knew in advance that she ostracized probably would not be welcome, but she was determined to attend. The ceremony is over. Tabita midst of the crowd outside the chapel. The deceased's parents come to meet her. Give her a hug. All others ignore her. Looking at her as if she is a stranger. But Tabitha is indifferent. She no longer need their acceptance. "I was proud of myself, that I dared to face them. For I knew that I had betrayed them and they did not understand me. " Funeral in Hobro was the last time Tabitha saw his old congregation. It is now two years ago. She has subsequently begun to read to learn in college. She has moved on with his life. Has progressively built a new circle of friends. There is almost no one left from those days, for they were also Jehovah's Witnesses and have long since turned her back. Tabitha moved to Copenhagen and lives in a tiny one-room dorm apartment. But nowhere on the apartment's white walls hang pictures of her parents or siblings. She is still sad to see their faces. "They were my best friends and we have always been closely linked. In this way, today I feel good little as half a man. " Aside from the protagonist are all names in this article are fictitious. This is the last article of the series 'Fate Tales'. The previous 'Escape with Little Camilla' was placed 26th March and 'Maibrit last roundabouts' second April. All articles can be read on www.berlingske.dk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit