Emotional Blackmail alive and well among JWs.....

by troubled mind 2 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Last night I was delighted to meet up with an old friend from my JW past .

She has been Df'd for over 12 yrs and moved faraway from this area most of that time . Her JW parents took the hard line with her ,and have had little or no contact this whole time .

She was df'd as a teenager ,now she is a successful career professional . She did not like living with this df label hanging over her head . She told me last night she was recently reinstated.... Mainly so she can freely speak with her parents ,and resolve unfinished business from her past.She does not plan on letting them back into her life freely and completely .....it just hurts her to much to know what they are capable of doing . Yet she is willing to give them a chance in order to have a some what normal family relation.

We discussed how sad it is that parents can turn their natural affection off like a switch because of some words from a group of Elders . I explained it as emotional blackmail .

Honestly how can these parents really believe their child will gladly come running into their cold frozen hearts after leaving her on her own all this time . It is delusional on their part to believe it was their hard stance that turned her back into 'loving Jehovah'...........It is only blackmail plain and simple . Force your loved one to do something they don't really want to do just so they can have your attention again .

It just sickens me .....

• Essan
    Essan

I hope she goes back in with a carefully crafted plan, slowly manages to help her parents see the error and deception of the Society, then leaves again but this time with her parents by her side.

That's the only good reason I could see for reinstatement.

• hopeful4eva
    hopeful4eva

When I read this I had to check and see where you were from troubled mind. I too have a friend, who has not unfriended me on FB yet, that was recently re instated. It took her less then 4 months lol!!

We talked before she decided to go back, and I tried to reason with her a bit, but she had her own agenda. She would reinstate, get the contact with her parents and her family that are in, and would avoid going in service and all the two faced people in her condo, the lead to her DFing years before.

Right after she was reinstated (a few months now), my mother called to tell me...nothing else but to tell me that this girl had been reinstated. I told her I knew as I had seen it on her FB. Conversation ended. Think she knew I was not going to even entertain the idea, let alone just to please her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit