Christendom's Failure to Preach the true Gospel Message!

by wannabe 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabe
    wannabe

Christendom's failure to preach the true Gospel Message!

It is common knowledge that Religious Christendom has been dead silent as regards preaching the true message of the Gospel of Christ! Although making claim that they are Christian's and followers of the Christ, they have absolutely nothing to say, when it comes to preaching the True Gospel message. Yet observe what a really true Christian had to say about this life-saving work: and we will consider why he would say what he did:

16"Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!" {1 Corinthians 9:16 NIV} So! They do not imitate Paul in this regard, now do they? To Paul, it was of very crucial importance; but why was this? What would motivate, and compell Paul to speak out boldly about the Gospel message? The answer to that is; Lives were at stake, and his silence would bring heavy Blood-Guilt upon him. That is why, he could say the following:

26 "Wherefore I witness to you this day, that I am clean from the Blood of all, 27 for I have not shrunk from announcing to you all the counsel of God." {Acts 20:26,27 Darby} Paul, of course, would know the Hebrew Scriptures better than most any, but what was written in those writings that would compell him to preach the Gospel fearlessly? Consider the following words of Jehovah:

8 "If I say to the wicked: Wicked one, you will surely die, but you do not speak out to warn him about his way, that wicked person will die for his iniquity, yet I will hold you responsible for his blood. 9 But if you warn a wicked person to turn from his way and he doesn't turn from it, he will die for his iniquity, but you will have saved your life." {Ezekiel 33:8-19 HCSB}

From those words we see, that, for the Apostle Paul to keep silent about the message of the Gospel of Christ, he knew he would be a dead Man for failing to deliver this Life-Saving message of the Gospel of Christ.No wonder he said: "Woe is me!" "Woe" for irreligious Christendom!

All of the first Century Christian's, who followed the Christ lived their lives, as did the Christ; and were themselves the example for all Christian's today to follow; as noted by the Apostle Paul:

1"You must follow MY example, as I follow the example of Christ." {1 Corinthians 11:1 CEV} Look now, at the example set by the Christ for them to follow:

37 "Then Pilate said to him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world— to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice." {John 18:37 ESV} Following the example of the Christ as they did; John tells us the following:

5"We truly love God only when we OBEY him as we should, and then we know that we belong to him. 6 If we say we are his, we must follow the example of Christ." {1 John 2:5,6 CEV}

This of course would be another prime reason for Paul, as well as all of the first Century Christian's, to bear witness to the Truth exactly as did Jesus, and as Jesus had said, everyone who is of the Truth would listen to their voices, as they preached the Gospel of Christ. By doing this, they would be obeying God, and could be considered as belonging to Jehovah, because they were following the example set by the Christ.

Can anyone, with a straight face, tell us that Religious Christendom, belongs to Jehovah, because they obey him, and follow the example of the Christ, as they bear witness to the Truth, preaching the Gospel of the Christ? LOL!

One major way to Expose Religious Christendom, is by directing attention to their complete lack of love for God; because to display that proper love, they would, of necessity, have to obey his every command. John will explain that:

1"EVERYONE WHO believes (adheres to, trusts, and relies on the fact) that Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah) is a Born-Again Child of God; and everyone who loves the Father also loves the one born of Him (His offspring). 2 By THIS we come to know (recognize and understand) that we love the Children of God: when we love God and OBEY His commands (orders, charges)--[when we keep His ordinances and are mindful of His precepts and His teaching]. {1 John 5:1,2 AB} John has here focused on the importance of Loving the Children of God, and has shown us the only way to do that was to Obey all of God's Commandments. Notice how Jesus highlites that point with his words:

34 "I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too should love one another.35 By this {LOVE} shall all [men] know that you are My disciples, if you love one another [if you keep on showing love among yourselves" {John 13:34,35 AB} How great was this Love the were expected to display? Jesus will inform you of that, with his next words:

13"No one has greater love [no one has shown stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends." {John 15:13 AB} Of course Jesus was their example to follow, because he did exactly that, he gave up his very life for, what he had called his friends. You will notice though, Jesus did not say to TAKE the lives of their friends, in the violent Wars of this World, and he pointed out to them the way to continue being his friend:

14"You are My friends if you keep on doing the things which I command you to do." {John 15:14 AB}

36"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" 37And he said to him, "You shall love JEHOVAH your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself." {Matthew 22:36-39 ESV}

The Apostle Paul sums all of this up in his Words, next:

10"No one who loves others will harm them. So LOVE is all that the Law demands." {Romans 13:10 CEV}

What was the Catholics and Protestants doing in World War 1 & 2? We had them all lined up on opposing sides, slaughtering one another like hapless Chickens, to the tune of 100 Million in both Wars. Their Christian love consisted of, Flame-Throwers, Hand Grenades, Auto-Matic Machine Guns; Army 45's, Powerful Rifles; Fixed Bayonetes, you name the instrument of murder, they were carrying it. Best of all their Atom Bombs, that totally annihilated two Japanese Cities, Hiroshima and Nagasaki; creating a Fire-Storm that traveled at the speed of light when those Bombs detonated: You do the Math: 186,282, Miles per second. 670,616,629, MPH! How would you have liked to be standing on a main Street of either of those two Cities, when those Bombs detonated? Of course they were all Christian's were they not? They said they were, didn't they? But were they really Christian's? So was Adolph Hitler! He was a Baptized Catholic, no less. May Jehovah protect us from the Christian's of this devil ruled, hate filled world, is all I can say. Our fervent prayer should be, "Jehovah, bring us into association with all of those who really do walk in Love for you." "Who really do, Imitate you, as your faithful servant Paul directed us all to do."

1 "Imitate God, therefore, in EVERYTHING you do, because you are his dear children. 2 Live a life FILLED WITH LOVE following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God." {Ephesians 5:1,2 NLT}

Rather than walk the Path of peace and love as examples of the Christ, of the "Prince of Peace," they have walked the path of WAR, Blood-Shed, Hatred, and Murder; and have, because of thier Blood-Lusting Walk, have incurred HEAVY MASSIVE BLOOD-GUILT; and in no way could ever claim that they were "Free from the Blood of all Men;" as did the Apostle Paul. Their silence alone, failing to preach this Good News about the Gospel Christ, has in itself, brouught them into heavy Blood-Guilt; but couple with that, their viscious slaughter of their own Brother's and Sister's of other lands, as well, their persecution of the true followers of the Christ has assured their own slaughter at Armageddon; at which time, they themselves will be totally and completely anihilated, just as Zephaniah the Prophet predicted, they would be. {Zephaniah 1:14-18} {Isaiah 9:6} {Matthew 24:9}

Let Religious Christendom as well, all of their followers, consider these unfailing words of Jehovah God; and shudder:

15 "For the Day of the LORD {JEHOVAH} is near, against all the Nations. As you have done, so it will be done to you; what you deserve will return on your own head." {Obadiah 15 HCSB}

You killed and slaughtered! You will be killed and slaughtered! You Atom Bomb Nations! You will be Atom-Bombed! Remember the Apostle Paul clearly told you all; "You Reap what you Sow!" It's all coming back around to you all! Without fail, it will come back around! "Do not deceive yourselves, no one makes a fool of God. You will reap exactly what you plant." {Galatians 6:7 Good News Bible} --- Be in fear Religious Christendom! Be in fear!

Do not suppose, that it is merely Religious Christendom that has incurred heavy massive Blood-Guilt; it is this entire World of Mankind, is equally just as guilty, because every Nation on this earth was involved in those two Blood-Baths; so all have incurred heavy, heavy, Blood-Guilt; and Jehovah will require an accounting for every drop of Blood that was spilled. Allow Jehovah himself to tell you about this Blood-Guilt:

20 "My People, go into your Rooms and shut your Doors behind you. Hide in your Rooms for a short time until God's anger is finished.The Lord {JEHOVAH} will leave his place to punish the People of the World for their sins. The Earth will show the Blood of the People who have been killed; it will not cover the dead any longer." {Isaiah 26:20,21 NCV}

"For Jehovah will make an Accounting on the Earth, concluding it and cutting it short." {Romans 9: 27 NWT}

For any who might believe that this accounting will not occur in our own day; I would remind them, we are now 96 years into the composite sign of the coming of the Christ into Kingdom power; that Day was to come as a Thief in the Night, at a time, even his true followers felt not likely; in an hour they did not know, or expect; when very suddenly, with shocking surprise, that day would come upon this World, like a snare, a Trap that was Sprung to catch this entire World unawares; as it did in the days of Noah, just prior to the Global Flood, that swept them all away. {Matthew 24:36-39} {Luke 12:40} {Marke 13:32,33} So! Do not take too a relaxed position with your feet up on any Chair; because you could very suddenly, without any warning, be knocked off that Chair when you least expect it. The only warning you may get I am delivering to you right now; that is as good a warning as any of you may ever get, but I did my part, I delivered the warning, now didn't I? Act upon it, or ignore it! Your free Choice!

"Listen! I am coming like a thief!" ... {Revelation 16:15 GNB} Wannabe

• Essan
    Essan

This is pretty ironic - and very silly.

The JW's DO NOT preach the Gospel that the first century Christians preached, which Jesus said would be preached, unchanged, right up until the 'End'. JW's have created a very different Gospel. But Paul said:

"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!" - Gal 1:6-9.

So what were the 1st C. Christians preaching? What was their good news? That by becoming Christian you could be a brother of Christ and have a heavenly hope. That was the Christians Gospel. That was the hope for ALL TRUE CHRISTIANS. No other hope for CHRISTIANS was offered in the NT. And this message - no other- was the one to be preached right until the end.

"By this Gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain." - 1 Cor 15:2.

"And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.... because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. ... Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." - Romans 8.

So, if you are not "anointed" you are not Christian - "does not belong to Christ". Of course, Paul and the other apostles and NT writers never once preached a message about Christians living on a paradise earth. Never. So, by perverting the Gospel, and preaching "another gospel" and by making 'mutant (so-called) Christians' WITHOUT a heavenly hope - something which is never mentioned in the Bible - JW's have adulterated the Christian message and are, according to the Bible, "accursed".

How ironic then that they who have probably deviated from the Gospel most, should boast that they are the only ones preaching it and attack other Christians - or "beat their brothers" - because they don't follow the error of JW's.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal. If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him". (John 12: 24-26)

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going. Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." (John 14:1-6)

"It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him; If we endure, we will also reign with Him... " (2 Timothy 2:11-12)

"So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh-- for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God . For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father! " The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him". (Romans 8:12-17)

• Essan
    Essan

Wannabe, how can you quote Scripture and even put in caps the following:

"EVERYONE WHO believes (adheres to, trusts, and relies on the fact) that Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah) is a Born-Again Child of God" - 1 John 5:1, 2.

Yet not realize what it is you and the Scripture are saying? EVERYONE WHO believes in Jesus as Christ - EVERYONE, ALL TRUE CHRISTIANS - are " BORN AGAIN children of God".

This explicitly excludes JW's from being legitimate Christians. And yet you are attacking Christendom, which does teach this, rather than JW's who don't?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    For any who might believe that this accounting will not occur in our own day; I would remind them, we are now 96 years into the composite sign of the coming of the Christ into Kingdom power;

False prophets shoud never get too specific. However, I would like you to be more specific.

Will it happen before 2050?

• read good books
    read good books

Why should we believe the Witness end of the world prediction is right this time when they have gotten it wrong so many times before?

• TD
    TD

So what is the "True Gospel Message" and who are preaching it?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

WANNABE -

I am not entirely sure of what your question with regard to this actually was. Perhaps if you could clarify, I can attempt an answer - unless you were merely making an objection of some kind.

I can live without your approval or comprehension.

Now, back on topic.

What was your question exactly.

HB

• Gaby Light
    Gaby Light

"But what does it say? 'The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart'-- that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation." (Romans 10:8-10).

Thank you Wannabe for bringing up an interesting topic. A common bone of contention with JW's against the wider Christian Community. I hope my comments, though hard served, are in some way thought provoking.

What defines a true Christian? Anyone who believes in Christ, preaches Christ, and lives a Christ inspired life. That is my opinion. Some Jehovah's Witnesses might even fit into that category.

Wannabe talks about Christendom as not preaching the gospel of Christ. Well that is not my experience.

How many Christians does wannabe know personally? What does Wannabe know about their relationship with Christ? What unbiased research has Wannabe done on Christendom? Is Wannabe serious in this critique? If so, it does deserve a serious reply.

I know numerous Chistians, and they are not just Catholic or JW's. They include Lutherans, Pentecostals, Anglicans and Baptists. All Christians I know are NOT ashamed to tell colleagues, friends and acquaintances about thier faith, often inviting unbeleivers to participate in worship and debate. All Christians I know (& Muslims for that matter) inspire me to do tolerance, and in fact inspire me to come closer to Christ.

Should we shovel it down other peoples throat, like "some" JW's do in thier doorstop sermons. No, because in an increasingly secular world, and increasingly educated society such efforts will have minimal success. This fact further highlights how the "works" of doorknocking do little justice to the Christ derived gift of Grace.

As to what constitutes an accurate "interpretation" of the gospel of Christ. Wannabe would do well, and indeed many on this board would also, to focus on the matters in which we CAN agree. Wannabe could also pick up a bible translation, that is not archaic and clunky, (THE MESSAGE paraphrase together with the NEW KING JAMES go www.biblegateway.com) read the NT cover to cover, in order, in large reading blocks, so that the reader can best focus on the big picture. Which of course all Christians know - the picture is definitely of the Crucified Christ. Wannabe could also research what it ACTUALLY is that Protestants (uncatholic Christiandom) believe in - try the five sola's to begin with.

I would not normally place a comment on this board - I like lurking- but I could hardly resist. You know how it goes.

Romans 1:16

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ,[ a ] for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes…

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit